"My Home Town" Turku by hartti

Turku Travel Guide: 517 reviews and 1,151 photos

Old Capital City of Finland

Welcome to this amazing old - more than 750 years old - town any time! (Except Nov - Jan, if you don't miss gray and wet. cold and misty weather.) We have here the world's largest archipelago, among others. Come and see our miracles!

But we seem to be quite far; nobody from the 10 most ranked VT-members have visited Turku, and only few in Finland. Conclusion: we are almost as far as Antarctis!

Riverside

Turku is splitted by the river Aura. Most of important places are focused on the riverside. It's a pleasure to have a walk along the riverside at any time. Or at summertime having a picnic there

Turku Harbour

Turku is the port to Europe by boat. Two ferries to Stockholm arrive and departure every day. It has lots of visitor places for small boats, too.

• Intro Updated Jan 16, 2006

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2006 at 12:22 AM

Thanks Markus for very useful page about your home-city. I enjoyed it this august while had a short stop there waiting for a ferry. Hope to visit Turku one more time...

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2006 at 7:53 AM

hei, turku is a wonderful town! i went there in 2003 and saw a strange painting near the river which showed something like the development of the earth according to an art class. does it still exist?

• mizzzthanggg's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2005 at 5:38 AM

if i ever visit finland, i'd be surely tempted to come to Turku by the looks of it from yr tips and photos.. very nice! ;)

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2004 at 2:24 PM

I love the idea of a pub in an old bank!

• Nykaenen's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2004 at 6:05 AM

Hey, I'm a bit confused - are you suggesting that we tresspass Pansio Naval Basis and get in trouble or not? It sounds to me that you think the trouble is worth it :-)))

hartti Lives Here!

hartti

“Travellers we are everyone”

Badges & Stats in Turku