"The Oldest City in America" Caral by hartti
Caral Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 15 photos
Caral has been considered as the oldiest city in America, because the researchers have timed its grow and lifecycle around the same time as faraos ruled in Egypt, and during the Mesopotamian culture, about 3000 A.D. There are 6 pyramedes and many other buildings digged out from the massive piles of sand.
Caral is situated in the middle of nowhere. Almost all around the old ruins is sand and mountains, and more sand... I was calculating 3 differet plants living there: cactus, tilllandsia and a graslike plant, which is growing against the wind. The wind is always blowing from the same direction, from the sea, and it has wet enough for those plants. There is never raining, but some drops may fall down sometimes by night because of the high humidity. Distance to the sea is 25 km.
Only in the valley of small river Supe there are some inhabitants. The Caral archeolocigal place is a little higher than the nowadays village Coral. The farmers take the needed water from the river, which is leading its waters from the Andian mountains.
hartti's Related Pages
Caral Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Caral
- 0 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Caral?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caral
Photos in CaralSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Lima Intro, 26 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Departamento de Lima Intro, 3 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turku Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos
- Cusco Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pueblo Libre Intro, 9 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Otuzco Intro, 1 review, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vitoria Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Budapest Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Huancayo Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos
No friends yet.