"Saint-Savin on Gartempe" Saint-Savin by hartti
Saint-Savin Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 24 photos
The town is known for its church, the 'Romanesque Sistine Chapel', the Abbey-Church of Saint-Savin contains many beautiful 11th- and 12th-century murals which are still in a remarkable state of preservation. More on page <http://www.sspx.ca/Angelus/2000_July/Abbey_of_Saint-Savin-sur-Gartempe.htm>.
There is an old bridge over the river Gartempe, too. Gartempe leads to the Loire river.
hartti's Related Pages
Saint-Savin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Earliest Religious Paintings of the Western Church"
- "Saint-Savin on Gartempe"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Saint-Savin
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Saint-Savin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint-Savin
Top 10 Pages
- Lima Intro, 26 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Departamento de Lima Intro, 3 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turku Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos
- Cusco Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pueblo Libre Intro, 9 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Otuzco Intro, 1 review, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vitoria Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Budapest Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Huancayo Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos
No friends yet.