"Longmont: An All-American City" Longmont by mydreamquest

Longmont Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 11 photos

First Impressions

I went to Denver to visit Coor's Stadium in Denver. However, I was lucky to have my brother pick me up to hang out away from the noise in the city of Longmont, Colorado, nearly 5,000 feet above sea level and population of around 80,000.

When I arrived at my brother's house, just a block away from a very busy train tracks that cargo many things easterly and westerly across the US, I was struck by the freshness of the air.

I was also struck by the air of classic small town middle america. There are the typical problems associated with stereotypical america: the chain store mentality, the conformity, yet, I saw other things that were very refreshing. I found Longmont to be a clean city with moderate traffic and very friendly Americans. It is said that the Middle of America has very genuinely friendly people. That is one of the benefits of this part of the US.

Although politically, this city is very Conservative, I found the people of Longmont to be very warm, sincere, and generous.

• Last visit to Longmont: Aug 2006
  • Intro Written May 9, 2007

Comments

mydreamquest

“"I love being lost in a country where the chances of me returning are less than the chances of me being robbed."”

Badges & Stats in Longmont

Have you been to Longmont?

Latest Activity in Longmont