"Linz, the Resting Place of Anton Bruckner" Linz by mydreamquest
Linz Travel Guide: 142 reviews and 452 photos
I love Classical Music and happen to love the symphonies of great Austrian composer, Anton Bruckner. On my way to Salzburg, where I was going to actually see a Mozart Opera, Mahler Quartet, and Bruckner Symphony (No 9), in the summer of 2002, I found myself in Linz.
I only spent a few hours here. Driving wise, it's pretty much the half way point driving to Salzburg from Vienna.
There is a church in Linz where Anton Bruckner is resting in a tomb near an organ he apparently used to play. Regrettably, I didn' t have time to visit that.
But in the city center area, there's plenty of nice walking. I liked this church, many like this are throughout the small towns of Austria. I think there is even an unwritten law in Austria where in every city, the highest point is a church.
mydreamquest's Related Pages
Linz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seamandrew's Linz Page"
- "A Winter's Day in Linz"
- "Hitler's Favourite City"
- "Linz - European Capital of Culture 2009 !"
- "Linz Page"
- "Nice Small City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Linz
- Hotels in Linz
- Transportation in Linz
- Nightlife in Linz
- Restaurants in Linz
- Shopping in Linz
- Warnings and Dangers in Linz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Linz
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Linz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Linz
Photos in LinzSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 75 reviews, 111 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 61 reviews, 63 photos
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Vienna Intro, 36 reviews, 67 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 11 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 13 reviews, 42 photos
- Turku Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos
- Venice Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos