"Paris: The City of Endless Possibilities" Paris by mydreamquest
Paris Travel Guide: 23,120 reviews and 57,457 photos
You will never be bored in Paris. You will never have your list of things accomplished. In Paris, there is too much to do to ever have enough time to fully experience this city. I doubt those who live in Paris know of all the detailed historical gems of this city. I'm certain that no Parisan completed his or her list of things to do here.
Days in Paris equate to minutes and you will constantly get too distracted by this city's charming spontaneity to ever really be able to "figure it out completely" as to why it's such a charming place to visit.
With 2000 years of history, Paris has so many surprises to it. Wherever you are, you are bound to have set foot upon a place of historical significance. On top of that, the people, the food, the coffee, the wine, the conversations all entertaining. If you had your entire life to spend in Paris, you'd still not have enough to time to experience it in its entirety. I was there just a few days ago from November 24-29. I accomplished a lot but still didn't have time to do everything I intended.
Sadly, I missed a VT gathering at the Barrio Latino just 5 blocks from where my hotel was. I was so tired, from 5 days of walking and many bottles of wine, that I missed out on what could have been a capper.
On my final Saturday night, I was spent. Both my calf muscles pulled from walking so much.
1. Not getting on the Eiffel Tower
2. Not spending more time at the Louvre
3. Not paying respects to Maria Callas and Jim Morrison at Pere Lachaise Cemetery.
4. Not finding the time to purchase my Marsailles football jersey
I arrived on Wednesday, November 25. My first impression was that the traffic was horrible. I arrived at my hotel in District 13 near the Bastille.
I walked about 3-5 km's to Gare du Nord to pick up my 5 day metro pass; while walking, I noticed how the city was filled with many shopsa nd cafes and restaurants.
From Gare du Nord, I took the metro to pick up my museum pass near the Bastille station. Although jet lagged, my first day, I had everything. After resting for about 3 hours, I decided to spend my first night eating dinner at a local restaurant. Immediately, I learned how great French cooking was.
I spent the 2nd day at the Louve, Arc de Triomph, chinatown, Montparnasse, and went on a Seine tour at night.
Venus de Milos has an incredible body considering she is nearly 2000 years old.
I spent my remaining days exploring the Champ de Elysees, the Pere Lachaise cemetery, Versailles, and Montmarte for dinner.
- Pros:Plenty to do, Food is amazing, so much history
- Cons:Traffic is horrible, can be overcrowded, be weary of pickpocketers
- In a nutshell:You'll never run out of things to do in Paris
Because traffic is heavy all the time in Paris, even during work hours, be prepared to not be on schedule with... more travel advice
Really pay attention to the craftmenship, art, and decorations on the ceilings. They're very impressive. more travel advice
mydreamquest's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "PARIS POUR LA CULTURE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "The charm of Paris stays in its History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 61 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 25 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
- Posted in Travel Durango Forum "What's the Drive Like from Denver..."
- updated a Paris Travel Page "Paris: The City of Endless Possibilities"
- Wrote a Review Traffic in Paris about Driving & Drivers in Paris Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Traffic in Paris"
- Commented on one of Marpessa's Paris travel pages
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (63)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 75 reviews, 111 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 61 reviews, 63 photos
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos
- Vienna Intro, 36 reviews, 67 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 11 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 13 reviews, 42 photos
- Turku Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos
- Venice Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos