"Paris: The City of Endless Possibilities" Paris by mydreamquest

Paris Travel Guide: 22,631 reviews and 55,568 photos

There is so much to do in Paris

You will never be bored in Paris. You will never have your list of things accomplished. In Paris, there is too much to do to ever have enough time to fully experience this city. I doubt those who live in Paris know of all the detailed historical gems of this city. I'm certain that no Parisan completed his or her list of things to do here.

Days in Paris equate to minutes and you will constantly get too distracted by this city's charming spontaneity to ever really be able to "figure it out completely" as to why it's such a charming place to visit.

With 2000 years of history, Paris has so many surprises to it. Wherever you are, you are bound to have set foot upon a place of historical significance. On top of that, the people, the food, the coffee, the wine, the conversations all entertaining. If you had your entire life to spend in Paris, you'd still not have enough to time to experience it in its entirety. I was there just a few days ago from November 24-29. I accomplished a lot but still didn't have time to do everything I intended.

Sadly, I missed a VT gathering at the Barrio Latino just 5 blocks from where my hotel was. I was so tired, from 5 days of walking and many bottles of wine, that I missed out on what could have been a capper.
On my final Saturday night, I was spent. Both my calf muscles pulled from walking so much.

My regrets:

1. Not getting on the Eiffel Tower
2. Not spending more time at the Louvre
3. Not paying respects to Maria Callas and Jim Morrison at Pere Lachaise Cemetery.
4. Not finding the time to purchase my Marsailles football jersey

First couple of Days

I arrived on Wednesday, November 25. My first impression was that the traffic was horrible. I arrived at my hotel in District 13 near the Bastille.

I walked about 3-5 km's to Gare du Nord to pick up my 5 day metro pass; while walking, I noticed how the city was filled with many shopsa nd cafes and restaurants.

From Gare du Nord, I took the metro to pick up my museum pass near the Bastille station. Although jet lagged, my first day, I had everything. After resting for about 3 hours, I decided to spend my first night eating dinner at a local restaurant. Immediately, I learned how great French cooking was.

I spent the 2nd day at the Louve, Arc de Triomph, chinatown, Montparnasse, and went on a Seine tour at night.

Venus de Milos has an incredible body considering she is nearly 2000 years old.

Highlights

I spent my remaining days exploring the Champ de Elysees, the Pere Lachaise cemetery, Versailles, and Montmarte for dinner.

• Pros:Plenty to do, Food is amazing, so much history
  • Cons:Traffic is horrible, can be overcrowded, be weary of pickpocketers
  • In a nutshell:You'll never run out of things to do in Paris
  • Last visit to Paris: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 28, 2005

• parismumsie's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2008 at 7:18 PM

The Grand Foyer photograph is delicious! Can't wait to go and see it for myself.

• BeatChick's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2004 at 4:48 PM

That is on the Île de la Cité - rue de Lutèce w/Ste-Chapelle's spire back of you! Stein -friend to Hemingway & Fitzgerald & early collector of cubist works- was from Allegheny, PA, same as Mary Cassatt & both died in Paris!

• maple_air's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2004 at 3:47 PM

"......for i could have told you vincent....this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you."......ahh, Van Gogh....timeless!

• lisa_lise's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2004 at 10:22 AM

Spectacular pictures of the Eiffel Tower and the stairway of the Arc de Triomphe. I'm a little jealous of your trip, but I'm happy for you, too :)

• Bigjones's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2004 at 8:50 AM

Nice Paris page. I like your pics, especially the one you took of Place d'Italie. Great !!

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2004 at 8:24 AM

Don't worry if you have "two left feet" or "two right feet" for that matter....as Ro said, after a few *mojitos* no one will be able to tell the difference!! See you in a few weeks!!

mydreamquest

“"I love being lost in a country where the chances of me returning are less than the chances of me being robbed."”

Badges & Stats in Paris