"Lucknow- City of Nawabs,Culture and Cuisine" Top 5 Page for this destination Lucknow by Incredible_India

Lucknow Travel Guide: 138 reviews and 426 photos

People and History

This is the place where I have lived maximum part of my life till now. I love the city because of its language, culture and people. In India the "Lucknowites"are considered to be the most soft spoken and polite.
The indian dance "Kathak", got it's origin from here and Lucknow chikan work or embroidery is world famous.
Feel free to post any question regarding my city, I will try to provide you information with best of my knowledge.

• Pros:Amalagamation of Hindu and Muslim culture.
  • Cons:Avoid the city in summers.
  • Intro Updated Mar 14, 2004

• irisbe's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2011 at 10:27 AM

I loved Lucknow, the potential it has to grow as one of the many interesting places to visit in India. I would go back if I could. Historical interesting, beautiful Moskee and good food. The main shopping road was getting a new paint and refournishment.

• Carmanah's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2007 at 11:36 AM

Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed reading your tips!

• Rischard's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2006 at 2:36 AM

The most knowledgeable homepage of VT site, many thank's and regard to you aruna, so nice of you."bahoot shukria".

• mariocibelli's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2004 at 12:26 AM

Ever since I saw Ishqhaitumse I have wanted to go to Lucknow, maybe next time!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2004 at 2:11 AM

I sure miss Paratha and Pan!! And oh yes the Lassi!! And all the delicous foods!! I had a weird experience in Lucknow but would love to return!

• Jun 7, 2004 at 3:53 AM

Great tips.

• norain's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2004 at 4:41 AM

thanks for restaurant trip ;-)

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2004 at 2:45 AM

Magical intro to your city... Love your seriousness with respect to women's dress code. (-;

• jto's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2004 at 5:55 AM

Yes Radz is right. And the restaurant tips made it watering in my mouth. YUMMY...Lovely page!!

• Eddie101's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2004 at 4:19 AM

Thanks for your views and advice, visiting Khajuraho in the near future, and , time allowing also Lucknow. Safe travels....Eddie :o)

Incredible_India

“There are so many languages in the world but smile speaks them all :-)”

Badges & Stats in Lucknow

Have you been to Lucknow?

Latest Activity in Lucknow