"I have found the love of my life" Fiji by Alicja1
Fiji Travel Guide: 1,005 reviews and 2,974 photos
Its not easy to make this big decision but chosing the right place is even worse. Fiji is the most beautiful, romantic place in teh world. Just perfect for a new start in our life.
We are travelers, we love nature and diffrent cultures. The last thing we wanted was having a boring ceremony. We chose our own way
Our ceremony took a place in a beautiful Sonaisali Island resort. Resort is a separate naisali island (42 hectares) just 300 m off the mainland and about 12 km southwest of Nadi
It was a beautiful, sunny day. Escorted by 4 Fijian warriors and two flower girs I started the longest sail in my life. Well, It was maybe 15 minutes but seems to be forever .I was sitted on the plastic chair , on top front of my wedding boat, only my warriors were holding the arms of the chair tightly to prevent it from sliding to very choppy this day water.
All I could hear was a drummer annoucing my coming on other side of the island.
When my warriors carried me out from the boat and I looked my fince eyes I was ready to cry. The wedding coordinator came with help. Watch your make up she said. That worked. I put my head up, walking on the beach to the minister and my very emotional Dave. Counting coconuts above his head stopped me from distoying my make up. I just couldnt look at his face.
The local choir was fantastic! They make the ceremony even more heart touching.
The only problem I had was understanding the fijian english minister. From nerves , emotion and mix of other feelings I said no " I do" nbut " I WOULD"
Well, I think it was the most scary moment for my Dave
We didnt stop in Sonasali too long. 6 days was more than enough. As much as we loved there, it was to quiet and to far away from locals.
We have rent the car ( about $100 fijan per day) and explore the main island.
Fiji is not only the main land. We couldnt leave without crusing between stunning islands. It was our short luxury honey moon.
The biggest and most memorable experience was our stay with the locals in villages especially Namuamua in the middle of the jungle. Both of villages Namatakula and Namuamua were fantastic and very different from each other. One basic, very traditional, poor, placed in the middle of the jungle. Other , more tolerant for tourist based on seaside.
- Pros:Beautiful, relaxed and romantic
- Cons:Very slow life, everything is late Fijian time
- In a nutshell:Fiji is a soul of all islands!
About 500 years ago, an old man in the village, Dredre (meaning love), told stories to the people but only after they... more travel advice
Alicja1's Related Pages
Fiji Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My cruise to the Fiji Islands"
- "Fiji - the nearest you'll ever get to paradise"
- "Beautiful country of happy people"
- "Fiji 2003"
- "STILL BUSY !!! MORE TO COME SOON !!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fiji
- Hotels in Fiji
- Transportation in Fiji
- Nightlife in Fiji
- Restaurants in Fiji
- Shopping in Fiji
- Warnings and Dangers in Fiji
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fiji
- 21 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Fiji?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fiji
Top 10 Pages
- Havana Intro, 23 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krakow Intro, 44 reviews, 14 photos
- Cuba Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varadero Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namuamua Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fiji Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Prague Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kety Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Dakota Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue