"One of my favourite Cuban placs" Cienfuegos by Alicja1
Cienfuegos Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 370 photos
Located in The South coast of the central region of Cuba, Cienfuegos has a singular history which is present in the Castle of Our Mother of Los Angeles of Jagua, loaded of legend that for 250 years has been the only access defending the best sea to one of bays of raft of The Hispanic America. Their excellence as far as depth, defense and the inner presence of keys and coves turned the bay into a refuge against storms of the Caribbean Sea for the navigators of long ago, while today they have turned it into an ideal scene for regatas and matches of fast boats and jet skies. Cienfuegos, capital of the province with the same name, was designed in its definitive layout by French colonos in 1819. Those pioneers coming from Bordeaux and La Luisiana laid the the urbanistic foundations of civil architecture that gives singularity to the city, and attest their refinement. The perfect layout of their streets, harmonically conjugated with multiple constructions and other elements of high architectural value, reveals the splendor of a cosmopolitan culture with a strong French accent, and allows the visitor to breathe the neoclassic atmosphere that distinguishes this large city, raised at the border of a bay of strongly rooted marine traditions, in a region also equipped with innumerable natural attractiveness and a vast culinary culture.
We went to Cienfuegos twice. I absolutely love this town. Its so romantic, clean and beautiful. I think it has the best maintained buildings in all Cuba. We havent stayed for a night so I have no tips about it. I found people over here very friendly except...hihi people can be so vlever.. the old guy came to me giving me MONEY !!!! I had no idea what he wants from me then he explained that these coins were real old Cuban peso 9 as a tourist i was not allowed to have them) and than he asked me to give a T-shirt. Unfortunately nobody from us had a spare one so he said that we can buy one in shop near by and it costs only 3 peso. I felt sorry for the guy so we followed him to the shop...well.. the cheapest T-shirt costed 35 peso!
I took those pictures because I think these people are absolutely beautiful!
PS. I didnt wake him up :-)
- Pros:Fantastic people, friendly town
- Cons:no cons at all
Inaugurated in 1890, the theater has been wonderfully maintained. It has been declared a national monument, and stars... more travel advice
Alicja1's Related Pages
Cienfuegos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "To the west coast"
- "Beautiful, friendly Cienfuegos"
- "El Nicho"
- "silvia-m.b's new Cienfuegos Page"
- "One of my favourite Cuban placs"
- "Heidje's new Cienfuegos Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cienfuegos
- Hotels in Cienfuegos
- Transportation in Cienfuegos
- Nightlife in Cienfuegos
- Restaurants in Cienfuegos
- Shopping in Cienfuegos
- Warnings and Dangers in Cienfuegos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cienfuegos
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Cienfuegos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cienfuegos
Photos in CienfuegosSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Havana Intro, 23 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krakow Intro, 44 reviews, 14 photos
- Cuba Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varadero Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namuamua Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fiji Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Prague Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kety Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Dakota Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue