"Lake Louise" Lake Louise by coopergirl2003
Lake Louise Travel Guide: 135 reviews and 370 photos
I visited Lake Louise as part of a longer trip in Canada. We arrived at 5am, cooked eggs and drank hot chocolate on the shore of the lake and waited for sunrise.....it was soooo cold but worth the wait! Almost as soon as the sun was up, the crowd went from my group of 13 to about 100 as the tour buses pulled up and tourists with cameras spilled out.
There are many hikes around the area and a visit to the Fairmont Chateau hotel is a must to buy pastries and drinks to keep you going.
I did a walk up to the tea house at Lake Agnes - it was a touch steep in places (or it certainly felt steep as I was unfit!) but amazing views will take you above cloud level. I had maple tea at the tea house which was not as sweet as I'd have thought but very nice!
- Pros:Beautiful scenery
- Cons:Very busy from 10am onwards
coopergirl2003's Related Pages
Lake Louise Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE JEWEL OF THE ROCKIES"
- "Lake Louise a famous lake in Canadian Rockies."
- "Lake Louise!"
- "Skiing on the white fluffy clouds of heaven"
- "Lake Louise, my best adventure time"
- "Lake , Snow & Ice - Magnificent Scenery"
- "Lake Louise in the Winter"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake Louise
- Hotels in Lake Louise
- Transportation in Lake Louise
- Nightlife in Lake Louise
- Restaurants in Lake Louise
- Shopping in Lake Louise
- Warnings and Dangers in Lake Louise
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lake Louise
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Lake Louise?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Louise
Top 10 Pages
- Nottingham Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ullswater Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Bristol Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jamaica Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Derbyshire Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Gloucestershire Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Skegness Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue