"Co. Clare..The Burren and the Cliffs of Moher" County Clare by Cruefan
County Clare Travel Guide: 708 reviews and 1,909 photos
cg On my roadtrip to County Clare I fell in love with the sights and sounds I saw. The Cliffs of Moher were amazing to see and we also stopped in Doolin on our way bacjk from the cliffs. ride was very scenic and gives you many chances to take pictures.
On the way back to Co. Galway we went to a Dolmen and visited the Ailwee Caves. It was a cool day trip and I was lucky the weather held out for us. The Burren with it's limestone is a great place to just sit and relax. I thought is was cool that in spots the limestone of the Burren melts into lush green fields. County Clare is also the home to Shannon Airport and is a great place to begin your journey If visiting the west of Ireland Counry Clare is a must see.
I know I'm being a bad tourist when I say this but I visited the Poulnabrone Dolmen and I can't give directions to it so your all on your own. My wife's uncle Cyril was driving and he seemed to know where he was going and we made it there.
I will say however that though there is scenic beauty the roads are very narrow and winding, so if your driving please be careful because the locals drive fast.
- Pros:Cliffs of Moher and the Burren
- Cons:Ailwee Caves are a tourist trap
- In a nutshell:If you like peace and quiet this is the place for you.
We visited Gus O'Conners after we left the Cliffs of Moher. It was a great place to stop before we headed out on the... more travel advice
Shannon is the gateway to the West of Ireland and several American airlines have direct flights to Shannon. I flew on... more travel advice
Cruefan's Related Pages
County Clare Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Sweet County Clare"
- "The Cliffs of Moher, the Burren & a lot more !"
- "Cliffs of Moher and Burren"
- "Cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle and the Burren"
- "The Cliffs of Moher"
- "Co. Clare..The Burren and the Cliffs of Moher"
- "County Clare"
- See All...
- Things to Do in County Clare
- Hotels in County Clare
- Transportation in County Clare
- Nightlife in County Clare
- Restaurants in County Clare
- Shopping in County Clare
- Warnings and Dangers in County Clare
- See All...
Badges & Stats in County Clare
- 8 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to County Clare?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in County Clare
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 30 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Key West Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galway Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- County Galway Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- County Clare Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athenry Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Fort Lauderdale Intro, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warwick Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Lisdoonvarna Intro, 1 review, 2 photos