"Co. Clare..The Burren and the Cliffs of Moher" County Clare by Cruefan

County Clare Travel Guide: 708 reviews and 1,909 photos

County Clare.. The Burren and Cliffs Of Moher

cg On my roadtrip to County Clare I fell in love with the sights and sounds I saw. The Cliffs of Moher were amazing to see and we also stopped in Doolin on our way bacjk from the cliffs. ride was very scenic and gives you many chances to take pictures.

On the way back to Co. Galway we went to a Dolmen and visited the Ailwee Caves. It was a cool day trip and I was lucky the weather held out for us. The Burren with it's limestone is a great place to just sit and relax. I thought is was cool that in spots the limestone of the Burren melts into lush green fields. County Clare is also the home to Shannon Airport and is a great place to begin your journey If visiting the west of Ireland Counry Clare is a must see.

Tony, The Dolmen, and winding roads

I know I'm being a bad tourist when I say this but I visited the Poulnabrone Dolmen and I can't give directions to it so your all on your own. My wife's uncle Cyril was driving and he seemed to know where he was going and we made it there.

I will say however that though there is scenic beauty the roads are very narrow and winding, so if your driving please be careful because the locals drive fast.

• Pros:Cliffs of Moher and the Burren
  • Cons:Ailwee Caves are a tourist trap
  • In a nutshell:If you like peace and quiet this is the place for you.
  • Intro Updated Jun 3, 2005

Travelogues (1)

• BerniShand's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2005 at 2:09 PM

really nice page Anthony, shame about the whining kids, some parents have no consideration for others, Im afraid Id have had to say shhhhh!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2005 at 4:16 PM

Anthony, a great page on this amazing county of Ireland! It was one of my favourites too and I would have to agree with you about the Cliffs of Moher - 5 stars all the way!! Nice pics on the Burren too.

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2005 at 3:41 AM

Ah... the Cliffs of Moher. That and the Ring of Kerry will always stand out in mind as some of the most beautiful places on earth I'm lucky enough to have visited!

Cruefan

“Carpe Diem”

Badges & Stats in County Clare

Have you been to County Clare?

Latest Activity in County Clare