Key West Hotel Tips by Cruefan
Key West Hotels: 45,549 reviews and 264 photos
Very inviting after 4 hours on U.S. 1
I stayed at the Blue Parrot Inn on March 1st thru 3rd 2004. To be truthful I had some worries after reading a couple of horror show reveiws on another website, but after staying there I realized that they weren't accurate in my opinion.
Our room(s) were clean and comfortable. I say that because we had to get two seperate rooms in order to get the days we wanted. We stayed in the Egyptian room the 1st night and the Caribbean Room the 2nd night. Moving rooms went very smoothly, and in fact the front desk let us move into the new room early and even brought the keys up to our room.
Just like any hotel/motel in the world the pictures of the rooms on the website dont exactly look like the actual room. But I assure you I was very satisfied with our rooms and service, and I would recommend this place to freinds, family, and people who visit this website.
The only thing about my stay that was a negative was the free breakfast. It's not a sit down breakfast. It consists of just coffee, muffins, toast, juice, and quiche. It's nothing special so if you want a hearty breakfast walk 2 blocks to the corner of Truman and Duval and go to Denny's.
In closing the Blue Parrot Inn gets a thumbs up because of it's value and location. There is no onsite parking, and all of Elizabeth Str is for residents only. For $ 5.00 a day you can park in the parking lot of St. Mary's church across the Str. The front desk will give you a pass that you keep in the front window of your car. You pay the front desk when you check out. This was fine with us because we walked everywhere anyway.
Unique Qualities: What my wife and I loved about our stay was the wrap around porch we had outside our room. There were chairs and a table outside our room, and it was nice sitting out on the porch with the warm breeze.
Though the pool is small, at night there is a relaxing atmosphere around the pool deck. There are white lights strung about the area, and it's a nice place to sit and relax. The whole property is also private because of all the trees surrounding the property.
Address: 916 Elizabeth St, Key West, FL 33040
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Take U.S. 1 into Key West. In Key West bear left onto Truman Str. Take Truman Str all the way into old town. Elizabeth Str on on the right side of the road just past St. Mary's church. On Elizabeth Str it's on the left side of the one way Str.
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
More Reviews (13)
- Captain Ahab lives!!!!!
- So many tourists, so many t-shirts
- Shop before you get into Old Town
- Take it easy, casual is the rule
- The creepiest place in Key West
- Loud Bikes, Loud Mouthed Riders
Cruefan's Related Pages
Key West Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Parents of a "Conch""
- "key west florida"
- "Where others have failed, Key West SECEDED"
- "Key West, Florida"
- "Key West Driving Trip May 3-12, 2003"
- "On the road to Key West & Fantasy Fest 2006"
- "The Key to my Heart; Key West, Florida"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Key West
- Hotels in Key West
- Transportation in Key West
- Nightlife in Key West
- Restaurants in Key West
- Shopping in Key West
- Warnings and Dangers in Key West
- See All...
Explore the World
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool
- Paris Suites Nyc
- Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
- Candlewood Suites Orlando - Altamonte Springs
- Bel-Air Motel
- Park Plaza Royal Palms
- Best Western Lupine Inn
- Londra Palace Hotel Venice
- Fantasy World Club Villas
- Le Meridien Nirwana Golf & Spa Resort
- Angsana Resort & Spa Great Barrier Reef
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong
- Zouara Hotel
- Isle of Capri Casino Resort
Badges & Stats in Key West
- 14 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Key West?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Key West
Photos in Key WestSee All Photos (23)
Read real reviews about Key West Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 30 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Key West Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galway Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- County Galway Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- County Clare Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athenry Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Fort Lauderdale Intro, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warwick Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Lisdoonvarna Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
Latest Key West hotel reviews
- Authors-Key West
- 197 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Alexander Palms Court
- 261 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Heartbreak Hotel
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 9, 2013
- Blue Parrot Inn
- 176 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Tropical Inn
- 473 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Seascape Tropical Inn and Cottages
- 356 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Papa's Hideaway
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Curry Mansion Inn
- 206 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Angelina Guest House
- 417 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Nassau House
- 312 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 6, 2011
- Garden House
- 140 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Duval House
- 239 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Spanish Gardens Motel
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- Bananas Foster Bed and Breakfast
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 16, 2003
- Poinciana Place
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 24, 2013
- Duval Street- 20 Reviews, 41 Photos
- Southernmost Point- 47 Reviews, 69 Photos
- Sunsets- 24 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Beach- 20 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Mallory Square- 27 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Hemingway- 51 Reviews, 101 Photos
- US 1 Mile Marker 0- 6 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Mallory Sunset- 25 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Famous Bars- 13 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Dry Tortugas- 12 Reviews, 24 Photos
See All Key West Things to Do