"Leuven / Louvain" Top 5 Page for this destination Leuven by Christophe_Ons

Leuven Travel Guide: 477 reviews and 1,030 photos

Centuries Old - Alive and Kicking !

as for the above title : "Leuven : Eeuwenoud - Springlevend" is the (Dutch) official motto of the city of Leuven. And it's true - Leuven is a historic, fascinating and bustling little town not too far from Brussels, and well worth a visit. Have a look and judge for yourself :)
If you have any questions or plan on visiting, don't hesitate to e-mail me - I will do the best I can to help you.

• Pros:A nice historic town, conveniently/ centrally located in Belgium - the crossroads of Europe ...
  • Cons:Maybe not as many sights to see as, say, Brussels or Bruges, but then again these cities aren't far away ...
  • In a nutshell:Often overlooked but well worth a visit if you're staying in Belgium.
  • Intro Updated Sep 14, 2005

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2010 at 2:33 PM

I've added a good many of your tips to my planner for my upcoming visit. Thank you! Particularly happy with the restaurant and some of the shopping tips (most of those shops are here in NL too).

• Nov 6, 2006 at 12:43 PM

I have enjoyed your photographs of Leuven, which I visited last autumn on the quest for some papers of Husserl. Thank you! D.L. Pughe University of Iowa

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2005 at 6:44 PM

Restaurants are one of my favourite parts of a city!!!! My son would love your Belgian beers!

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2005 at 3:31 PM

I've oftenbye past Leuven,next time I will stop off and drink from the Fons Sapientiae.

• dfactor's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2005 at 6:03 AM

Never heard of Leuven, but it sure look good on your site. Nice pitures and great tips. Thanks for sharing.

• miketrudeau's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2005 at 1:41 PM

Leuven is definitely one of my three favourite cities of all time. De Wiering ribs = excellent, and the botanical gardens are a perfect off-the-beaten-path place to explore. Thanks for checking out my page!

• paula69's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2005 at 3:28 AM

Beautiful page. Paulina.

• Polly74's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2005 at 4:48 AM

I really like Leuven...I've been there twice and every time there's something to discover!!!

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2005 at 1:27 PM

You're fortunate to be living in Leuven. Leuven looks really beautiful. Thanks for letting me know how close it is to Brussels. I bet I'd have enjoyed Leuven more than Brussels had I known about it then. Lovely photos and tips. Regards, Cheryl

• Sandi-2004's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2005 at 6:37 PM

What a beautiful & fascinating city. It must be a very enjoyable place to live. I hope to visit one day. Your page inspires me to want to see it all during my next visit to Europe.

Christophe_Ons Lives Here!

Christophe_Ons

“All generalizations are false, including this one. (Mark Twain)”

Badges & Stats in Leuven