"A Mysterious Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Zhongdian by cpim2004
Zhongdian Travel Guide: 116 reviews and 264 photos
Zhong Dian changed the name to Shangri-la in 1997, I believe it must be the Shangri-la in James Hilton?s novel Lost Horizons.
I love the life in here not only for the marvelous spot , but the most is the people and culture here, you can easily touched by friendly and honest locals, pious and persistent religious beliefs,uninhibited and unsophisticated life.
Yaks and sheep are easily seen grazing and playing on the grassland, and the melodious pastoral songs by herdsmen in colorful costumes can be heard here and there.......
- Pros:Snow moutain, Tibet culture, Tea and Horse Road, peaceful life, friendly and honest interpersonal relationships
- In a nutshell:I will come back again
stayed in the Delamu guest house, we have the chance to see the tibetan printing which used for decorating the... more travel advice
also called Guihua Monastery, is the largest Tibetan Buddhist monastery in Yunnan province, built along the mountains... more travel advice
cpim2004's Related Pages
Zhongdian Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ZhongDian - Blend in with the Nature!"
- "Shangri La?"
- "Yunnan Travel 2004 - ZhongDian"
- "The Holy Birds of Peace in Shangri-La"
- "A Mysterious Paradise"
- "Zhongdian is the last Shangri-la"
- "A type of world I'd never seen before..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zhongdian
- Hotels in Zhongdian
- Transportation in Zhongdian
- Nightlife in Zhongdian
- Restaurants in Zhongdian
- Shopping in Zhongdian
- Warnings and Dangers in Zhongdian
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zhongdian
- 6 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Zhongdian?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zhongdian
Photos in ZhongdianSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 36 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 3 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Xiamen Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chiang Mai Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Guangzhou Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Macao Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zhongdian Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ko Tao Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Nanjing Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Dacheng Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos