"Bukit Batok Town Park and Nature Park" Bukit Batok Town Park by gracekkh2004
Bukit Batok Town Park Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 33 photos
Known as Little Guilin or Xiao Guilin among the locals, this park looks similar to that of Guilin in China - a granite rock sitting within a lake.
The park has a narrow strip of land, beautifully landscaped and provided with footpaths. This park is popular with shutter bugs and wedding couples.
Location : Bukit Batok East Ave 5.
Getting there :
5 minutes walk from Bukit Gombak MRT Station.
Bus Services Nos. 365 and 945 from Bukit Batok Bus Interchange.
This park was developed on an abandoned quarry site in 1988. The terrain is undulating and footpaths are meandering. Several look-out points, some reaching more than 10 storeys high, provide breathtaking views.
The serene ambience of the park provides an ideal backdrop for a peaceful nature walk. Near the entrance of the park, at the foot of a high cliff wall, is a picturesque 1.2 ha pond. The pond runs deep and still - a relic from the mining days of the region.
Joggers will welcome the undulating terrain and the serene ambience of the park.
During the Second World War, the Japanese selected a site at which the MediaCorp's tower stands as a memorial for the soldiers who died. Today, all that remains of the memorial are two pillars and 120 concrete steps leading up to the transmission tower. The National Heritage Board had erected an information board, highlighting the significance of the site.
Location : Bukit Batok East Ave 2
Getting there : Bus Services Nos. 61, 66, 157, 178, 852, 985. Alight along Bukit Batok Ave 6.
- Pros:Good for rainforest trekking, peacful, quiet. greenery
While you are walking in the Rainforest, you are able to hear the whishper of the birds. It may be came from the tree... more travel advice
1) Bukit Batok Town Park Take a train and alight at Bukit Gombak MRT Station. Take a five minutes to the Sport Complex... more travel advice
gracekkh2004's Related Pages
Bukit Batok Town Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bukit Batok Town Park and Nature Park"
- "BirdWatching in Bukit Batok"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bukit Batok Town Park
- 5 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Bukit Batok Town Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bukit Batok Town Park
Top 5 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 67 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Tinggi Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Changi Village Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kent Ridge Park Intro, 12 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Ubin Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.