"Welcome To My World" nereid's Profile

Background

Welcome to my homepage. I stumbled across this website while looking for information about Spain in 2004. I've lived in Albuquerque, New Mexico for over 13 years. I was born in Pennsylvania, and I moved around the US when I was a kid. I've traveled all over the US and to a few other countries. Travel has changed my whole outlook of life. Experiencing other cultures, even in my own country, has opened my mind and has been necessary for my personal growth. I feel that travel is important to my soul and well-being. Athough I may not make enough money to have a traveling lifestyle, I choose to make it a priority over material luxuries and have been able to see some of the world. Thanks to everyone who's visited my home page and travel pages so far and rated my tips. I welcome any advice or corrections about my travel tips.

Travel Attitude

I'm not sure I have a particular travel motto that I can sum up in a sentence. Maybe it's more of a travel attitude. I believe that many people travel somewhere expecting it to be someplace comfortable, or somewhat like their hometown. I've heard alot of people say, "Oh that place is dangerous, dirty, old, rundown, etc..." Although many of these things may be true for a particular place, I think that it's better to go somewhere and have no expecations of what it should be. Just take the place for what it is and try to enjoy it. I haven't been all over the world or even to a large portion of it, but I have been to some places that have a bad reputation, and I enjoyed them all the same. Not that caution should be thrown out the window. It is always a good idea to be cautious even while on vacation. With that said, some places are obviously better than others, and certain areas of many cities should definitely be avoided. That's why it's a good idea to get travel advice on VT. I've gotten good advice on this website.

Upcoming Trips

Costa del Sol, Spain

Places of interest that I have been to

UNITED STATES
Arizona: Phoenix, Painted Desert, & Petrified Forest
California: San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Yosemite
Colorado: Ft. Collins, Durango
Florida: Orlando (Disney World)
Georgia: Atlanta
New Mexico: Albuquerque, Taos,Santa Fe, Roswell, Carlsbad, Acoma Pueblo
North Carolina: Raleigh
Oklahoma: Oklahoma City
Oregon: Portland, Lincoln City, Multnoma Falls
Pennsylvania: Pittsburgh, Lancaster (Amish Country)
South Carolina: Myrtle Beach
Tennessee: Pigeon Forge
Texas: Dallas, Austin
Virginia: Richmond, Arlington, Williamsburg, Norfolk, Hampton, Yorktown, Virginia Beach,
Newport News, Jamestown, Leesburg

Arenal
Monteverde
Playa Flamingo

• Intro Updated Mar 12, 2009

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!