"Bridge of the Americas!" Top 5 Page for this destination Panama by quime
Panama Travel Guide: 1,701 reviews and 4,258 photos
UPDATED: November 9th. See travelogues of Tagua and Old Quarter!!!
Laying at the heart of the world, where the two Americas meet, the Panama Isthmus is a nation abounding in history and culture, it seamlessly mixes the classic with the modern. Its fauna and breathtaking beauty make of this country a veritable tropical paradise. Its splendor and diversity lend testimony to this unrivaled destiny.
Christopher Columbus discovered Panama in 1502. It was here where Spain founded the first city on solid ground. On 1513.
here also was where Vasco Núñez de Balboa re-discovered the Pacific ocean and connected both sides for the first time, forever sealing Panama’s FATE and strategic importance as the bridge of the world.
If you see a map of America, which is the resemblance of Panama?... A natural and cultural bridge between North and South America.
Here is where the seven seas becomes one! Ships coming from all oceans pass through these doors every single day.
Internationally Panama is well known for its Canal, but it alone does not makes justice... there's much more... it is pirates history - from the era of Columbus to the modern 21st century - , international commerce and a paradise for shopping, one of the world's most complete ecosystems. With rainforests, mountains, indian villages and beaches on both oceans.
Panama has a cosmopolitan capital city, an incredible rainforests, and some of the best diving, bird watching and marine fishing in the world.
UNESCO has declared the Old Panama City as "Patrimony of Humanity."
and I am your friend here!
In reality it is a proud and prosperous nation that honors its seven indigenous tribes and its rich Spanish legacy, and that welcomes visitors into its territory with so much enthusiasm that it is difficult for them to leave without feeling as if they have been let in on a secret that the rest of the world will some day discover.
Panama is well known for having one of the best retiree incentive programs in the world.
The average monthly cost of living -domestic and professional services, food, medical care and many other products and services- is considerably lower than in many countries including the United States.
Panama is a small and safe country with a vibrant financial sector and all the commodities of a mayor city. You also can enjoy a peaceful, natural setting and an excellent climate while being only a few hours away from the capital in Panama City. The perfect combination of nature and comfort makes us a prime retirement destination!!!
- Pros:Not having the impact of mass tourism of neighboring Costa Rica
- Cons:be ready for tropical climate
- In a nutshell:A well kept secret!
PANAMA CITY, Panama, May 24, 2005 – Mickey Mouse has come a long way from “Steamboat Willie.” Moving from riverboats to... more travel advice
Inaugurated on December 29, 1979 this small museum has stone and ceramic artwork dated between AD800-1500. See the mural... more travel advice
- See All close to ave balboa
- See All Tranfer from Airport to City
- See All Taboga Island
- See All Buses called Red Devils
quime's Related Pages
Panama Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bridge of the Americas!"
- "A Mix of Cultures and History"
- "Panama a beautiful retreat... yet almost unknown"
- "Remote and Beautiful Places"
- "Exciting Panama"
- "Panama - the bridge between the Americas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Panama
- Hotels in Panama
- Transportation in Panama
- Nightlife in Panama
- Restaurants in Panama
- Shopping in Panama
- Warnings and Dangers in Panama
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Panama
- 66 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Panama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Panama
- Posted in Travel Guatemala Forum "guatemala city to chichicastenango"
- Wrote a Review close to ave balboa in Panama Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "The most Sophisticated City in Central America"
- Commented on one of alza's Panama travel pages
- updated a Panama Travelogue "A morning walking the Old Quarter"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panama Intro, 66 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 18 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nicaragua Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Costa Rica Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kyoto Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- El Salvador Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 9 reviews, 2 photos
- Honduras Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Uvita Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos