" Hello VTers" quime's Profile

Panama, where the Caribbn almost touch the Pacific

WELCOME TO MY VT WORLD
Latest updated.

Last trip was San Francisco,
2013 i went to los angeles abd vegas too, and now looking for travel companion for a trip to rome, italy and new york city, maybe next october,
drop me a mail if u are available.

My Country

Panama is still largely “undiscovered” as a tourist destination. Despite its many attractions, many Central America travelers used to bypass it. but unlike CA countries, Panama is a peaceful place and full of surprises.
We has approximately 960 species of birds, (as on 2005). Parks and reserves constitute 29% of the total landmass and large portions of the Darien rainforest remain unexplored. Panama has set aside more land as National Parks and protected forests than Costa Rica, so famous as destination for thousands of Eco tourists. In Panama you can go for exploration and you don't have to pay excessive park fees or jostle on trails with others. The park rangers welcome visitors and exhibit genuine pleasure when showing off theirs treasures.

Escape to Panama

The Lonely Planet guidebook says "If you have ever said to yourself while traveling, 'I wish I had come here back when…', then come to Panama now before it is discovered because it soon will be." MM magazine (with more than 20 million readers) recently named Panama "The Number One retirement destination in the western hemisphere..." and International Living says its the best in the world. Interested?
ESCAPE TO PANAMA
offers information about buying real estate in Panama, properties for sale, travel, interesting facts about Panama, maps, a comparison of yesterday's destination, Costa Rica, with today's destination, Panama, and links to other information on Panama.

VT meeting

I met Uta and Emmitt on january 7th, 2005, they travelled as far as they could...

Later, back in their north carolina, Emmitt wrote the best words i´ve had ever recieved from a VT member yet.

"I met Quime on the Virtual Tourist pages. I wrote many emails to him and he replied to all of them.

I planned a trip to Panama and he asked me to contact him when we arrived. I did, and I am forever grateful for all that he did. I'm sure that he had many more important things to do but he spent many days escorting my wife and I throughout much of the Panama countryside. My friend saved me from doing so many wrong things. I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give them. "Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." God puts us all in each other's lives to impact one another in some way.

Quime knows that I am a lucky man. I have a very good wife and have lived a, sometimes, wreakless life and I am approaching sixty years. I feel luckiest by having such friends as him!

For better or for worse.

Lets make a better world to live!!!

There are seven thriving indigenous groups in Panama which adds a fascinating aspect for a traveler. The Kuna Indians in San Blas make beautiful “Molas” which you can buy all over Panama.

Up from 1904, Panama uses the US dollar as its currency. The official name for it is the Balboa, but it's exactly the same bill, and in practice people use the terms “dólar” and “Balboa” interchangeably.

About me

I ve been in love with maps and countries since i was a child.
I found VT while I was planning a trip to Cartagena. I never did the trip, but I found myself hooked on those pages full of experiences that VT world is. I am not planning travel for a while but through these pages I have been to really great places like Venice, or Barcelona, or rare places that I never heard before, like Trier in Germany, to ancient history like Troy in Turkey...and so on.

my favorite motto of all VTrs i have seen yet is by:
MarvintheMartian
"Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck"

thanks for your visit!

Most of the pictures are mine, some are not, and some are clearly acredited.

The trips I did before I found VT world might be lack of photos. It was from the pre-digital era, I have to scanner some old pic..

I am really glad you are here, reading my homepage, i will try to do my best in despite of my broken english.
Please, feel free to message or mail me at any time, here or to Quime@hotmail.com.

Nos vemos, amigos!
see you later, friends!

rich past, jungles and huge city all togheter

Panama City is becoming the new skykapers hub of Latin America, ranking now as the third latin city with the most buildings in the area, just below Mexico City and Buenos Aires, but over Sao Paulo, Caracas, Rio de Janeiro Bogota and Santiago!

• Intro Updated Jun 15, 2013

• Jan 7, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Hello, Quime,
    It was such a nice experience to read what you posted on Panama on your VT page. I am looking to build up a picture about Panama before we, my husband and I, come there. I found your testimonials very helpful. Maybe we could meet, when we'll be there, in March

• CdnJane's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2013 at 6:07 AM

Happy Birthday Quime - wishing you a great day!

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2013 at 5:18 AM

Life is a journey, so enjoy every mile. Happy birthday.

• CdnJane's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Happy Birthday Quime - wishing you a good day and hope that you've had a good birthday.

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2012 at 7:58 AM

A warm happy birthday greeting from Malaysia.

• dlandt's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Hello Quime, happy birthday once again. Wishing you all the best.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Hi Quime Happy Birthday I Hope all is good where you are Take care Quime Waal

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2010 at 4:27 AM

Happy, happy birthday Quime!

• axjohnson's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Quime, My fiancee and I bought our tickets to panama city, Feb 11th...so excited!!! i'm planning the trip now so any advice would be greatly appreciated! cin cin alexa

• trek06's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Happy Birthday amigo!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
quime's Profile Photo

quime

“up with the people, celebrate life!”

Real Name