"Olympia, Washington" Top 5 Page for this destination Olympia by Johnscarroll
Olympia Travel Guide: 110 reviews and 380 photos
Olympia is a small city of about 50,000 people. Located at the southern most point on Puget Sound, it was the first city founded in Western Washington.
The state capitol complex is located here, along with a small state college called The Evergreen State College.
I think the Capitol is worth a visit. Especially after the recently completed renovations due to the 2001 earthquake. Downtown Olympia is just a few blocks from the north. It's a charming old business district, full of small shops, restaurants, and adjacent to the Budd Inlet waterfront. Capitol Lake is a good local for a stroll.
The Capitol (legislative) building just reopened after a post-earthquake retrofit. It looks better than ever. The... more travel advice
Johnscarroll's Related Pages
Olympia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Olympia - My Hometown"
- "Olympia, the Capital City of Washington State"
- "A Capitol Experience Indeed"
- "Tumwater Falls Park"
- "Olympia, Washington"
- "olympia, yeah, yeah, yeah"
- "Olympia has got to be the rainiest city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Olympia
- Hotels in Olympia
- Transportation in Olympia
- Nightlife in Olympia
- Restaurants in Olympia
- Shopping in Olympia
- Warnings and Dangers in Olympia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Olympia
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Olympia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Olympia
Top 10 Pages
- Seattle Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos
- Brussels Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Brugge Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Füssen Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Ocean Shores Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Chelan Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Rhein Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Bacharach Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Cologne Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
No friends yet.