"Nuremberg" Nürnberg by Johnscarroll
Nürnberg Travel Guide: 940 reviews and 3,143 photos
It was here that Hitler held his huge Nazi part rallies. The anti-semitic drive of the local newspaper lead the nation toward the precipice of the final solution.
Nuremberg has long been linked with the cultural heritage of German nationalism. That's why Hitler wanted to turn the city into a model of his new aryan empire.
I am a history buff, and I definetely wanted to learn more about the early 20th century history of Germany during our trip in the summer of 2005. Nuremberg was at the top of my modern history list. We spent only one day here though. My eyes were set on the Nazi Documentation Center - a required visit for local high school students.
Please see "things to do."
- Pros:Modern and ancient history, easy to use trams.
- Cons:Dirty parks and lots of trash.
- In a nutshell:Worth a night or two.
Johnscarroll's Related Pages
Nürnberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "weekends in Nürnberg"
- "I LOVED HISTORIC NUREMBERG!"
- "Nuremberg Altstadt"
- "Willlkommen in... Nämberch!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nürnberg
- Hotels in Nürnberg
- Transportation in Nürnberg
- Nightlife in Nürnberg
- Restaurants in Nürnberg
- Shopping in Nürnberg
- Warnings and Dangers in Nürnberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nürnberg
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Nürnberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nürnberg
Top 10 Pages
- Seattle Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos
- Brussels Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Brugge Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Füssen Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Ocean Shores Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Chelan Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Rhein Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Bacharach Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Cologne Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
No friends yet.