"Reñaca" Reñaca by vilip
Reñaca Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 37 photos
Reñaca is a large and wide beach located north of Viña del Mar. It is considered to be one of the coolest places to go during summer if you are in the region and you'll find from families to surfer groups along it.
The "city" of Reñaca itself (houses and other buildings along the beach) is very small, but very organized, clean and appealing. Reñaca is actually part of the city of Viña del Mar, but since the year 2000, the inhabitants have been trying to emancipate it from the city. It has a variety of restaurants, bars, hostals, hotels, shops and even a gym, all near the sea shore...Besides, if you are a fan of architecture, you'll find quite interesting to see how dwelling units are build using the hills near the beach!
One of my favorite places in Chile for providing wonderful a Sunset in the sea! Definitely worthy to wait until after 9:00pm to watch it!!
Reñaca beach is wide and long...It might take about 30 minutes to walk from its 1st sector to the 5th one (of course, considering you're not on a rush and that you've chosen to admire your walking in the sea shore).
The beach, however, is not really one of the greatest beaches in the world...the sand is thick and the waters are too cold and dangerous. Even though I do intend to go back many times to Reñaca, (patriotism aside) I must admit that Brazilian beaches are better in this aspect! :P
There are some behaviors that are very different than what you'll find in Brazil or in other places:
- you are not allowed to drink alcohol at the beach (not drinking outside bars and private places is actually a rule that applies to the whole contry);
- people are very discreet on the beach (dressing, talking, staring...even the popsicle and the sun glasses sellers are 'not very loud'!);
- no music at the beach (which is great since the beholders of the sound systems often have bad taste for music!).
Having it said, I hope you'll find my tips for Reñaca are useful and interesting :)
- Pros:Near Viña, unpolluted, organized, cheap and safe. Just the way a real beach should be!
- Cons:Reñaca is mostly the beach only. Its waters are dangerous and very VERY cold.
- In a nutshell:Unique: the Chilean beach life!
Specialized in Sea Food. A must try is the Ceviche (sort of fumed fish with grains and lemon. It's a typical dish in the... more travel advice
vilip's Related Pages
Reñaca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Renaca, Chile"
- "Reñaca: Vacation land for argentines!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Reñaca
- Transportation in Reñaca
- Nightlife in Reñaca
- Restaurants in Reñaca
- Warnings and Dangers in Reñaca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Reñaca
- 14 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Reñaca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Reñaca
Top 5 Pages
- Reñaca Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acapulco Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasília Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tiradentes Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Cancún Intro, 1 photo