"BUCKS COUNTY" Doylestown by eugini2001
Doylestown Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 36 photos
Named for a mid-18 century tavern keeper, William Doyle, who opened his second colonial roadhouse, circa 1758 on the northwest corner of the intersection of Dyers and Coryell’s Ferry roads, on the approximate site of the Fountain House at North Main and west State streets. His first roadhouse was on the road that ran from Swede’s Ford (Norristown) to Coryell’s Ferry (New Hope) now routing 202 and the road from Philadelphia to Easton, now Route 611.
The land on which Doylestown was built was originally owned by the Free Society of Trades of London. Doylestown was the site of two Revolutionary War encampments, although little physical evidence remains.
I have a little kid, that’s why most of the places I start with it’s a place for kids. What I love in Doylestown is everything; it’s such a quite, relaxing place, nice people, and great atmosphere, museums, churches and theaters. One of the attractions for kid they can boast is “Kid’s Castle”. It’s an eight story wooden playground structure-castle obviously-that is located in a public park. It has a really spooky slide with a complete darkness inside. Kids just love it! It’s the place where you can relax while your children spend all there energy climbing and making new friends! People like to bike, walk and skate there-perfect place for it I must say!
- Pros:nice rural area
- Cons:too quiet for some people,not for me
- In a nutshell:LOST PLACE IN A FOREST
If you like modern art this museum is for you. You will not find my favorite Dali pictures here or something that the... more travel advice
eugini2001's Related Pages
Doylestown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Explore Bucks County"
- "County Seat"
- "The Downtown Doylestown"
- "marca's new Doylestown Page"
- "BUCKS COUNTY"
- "noahsdad's new Doylestown Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Doylestown
- Hotels in Doylestown
- Nightlife in Doylestown
- Restaurants in Doylestown
- Shopping in Doylestown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Doylestown
- 2 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Doylestown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Doylestown
Photos in DoylestownSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Orlando Intro, 19 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Selcuk Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos
- Yalta Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Olathe Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Houston Intro, 3 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alushta Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Moscow Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos
- Williamsburg Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos