"Adventure aquarium" Top 5 Page for this destination Camden by eugini2001
Camden Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 83 photos
Camden is just another side of Delaware river, opposite to Philadelphia. So it take you around 10 minutes to sail from one side to another on ferry. We went to adventure aquarium, that I add just to the list of thing to do in Philadelphia.
There are two thing that are really unique there, that is hippos display in a humungous tank, you can see them really close playing in a water with the tire and another thing is “shark tunnel” it’s kind of a tunnel through a fish tank, that is very impressive to see them swimming above your head and by your sides ,you feel like swimming nearby in a glass submarine.
There is always a line to touch sharks (little ones) ,and other sea creatures. Very interesting thing for curious kids ,I could hardly take my daughter to another display, she couldn’t help touching poor animal .I feels like you touch a snake in a water pretty much If you ever did.
If you love animals it’s fun and it’s enjoyable journey across the river to Camden
Aquarium. Although the city itself doesn’t have a good reputation, it’s safe to go there at the day time. .
Sharks that were touched by millions of humans! The last lowers layer in the picture. Don’t think big ones let you touch them ,they prefer touch you, ha-ha, good enough those ones did. One actually got tied of us ,humans , and jumped out of the tank. So staff had to give them some break before we proceeded.
Someone joked saying penguins are just seagulls that are full (of food).Looking at these ones this joke goes to my mind all the time
- Pros:nice aquarium
- Cons:was told it's not a safe place at night
- In a nutshell:Lovely aquarium
Ferry boat is good ,reliable and relaxing way to go from Philly to Camden more travel advice
eugini2001's Related Pages
Camden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to the Camden Waterfront"
- "Battleship New Jersey - Camden, New Jersey"
- "asturnut's Camden, NJ Page"
- "Adventure aquarium"
- "Anders100's new Camden Page"
- "Welcome to my Camden page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Camden
- Hotels in Camden
- Transportation in Camden
- Restaurants in Camden
- Warnings and Dangers in Camden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Camden
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Camden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Camden
Top 10 Pages
- Orlando Intro, 19 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Selcuk Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos
- Yalta Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Olathe Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Houston Intro, 3 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alushta Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Moscow Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos
- Williamsburg Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos