"SEA PEARL" Odessa by eugini2001
Odessa Travel Guide: 513 reviews and 1,324 photos
If you don't like sea you'will like it in Odessa.When I was talking to my friends who were in Odessa once sharing our pictures I realized that we've got tons of them those were taken at the same place,so I decided to keep & share just those that are new or near the famous place.I hope It work out better & will not be so boring.If it wasn't my Odessa page you would guess for a long time where the picture was taken.It's a dockyard,it's obvious.But the same are in Caribbean & France!It's used to be an old port.You still can take a short boat trip over there.
The oldest street in Odessa is Derebasovskaya. At the end of it there is a statue of Derebas , the founder of the city. When you are walking along you notice that a lot of small streets cross it & one of them kind of local Broadway has a lot of shops ,restaurants & street photographers on it. One of them offered to put a small chinchilla on my shoulder & take my picture. There is another attractive old building called “Passage”. It’s kind of shopping center. A small park adjoins to it .One can hear Orchestra playing music over there or buy some craft .There is a famous Ostap Bender’s chair from “12 chairs” novel over there. The last picture was taken in front of the second beauty (after la Scala) Opera Theater. I’m sharing this picture because there is another old but restored building next to it.It’s pretty cute to me too.
There is a big church in the center of the city .In Odessa sometimes you can feel old & new time at the same time. When you inside of the theater you feel as if “Time machine” returned you 2 centuries back. Next to the church there are beggars whom really poor. When you are looking at their faces, gray clothes you feel as if old pictures from great grandmother’s books came alive . For some reason I was scared of them.Both building are next to the Theater too. They look very impressive on the stone pavement street.The next monument is a new one at The Shevchenko Park.
- Pros:Nice historical place
- Cons:People prefer speak in Ukranian
- In a nutshell:Old city with beatufull but in poor condition buildings
That show was spectacular!But I've found out recently that captured dolphins don't live more than a year. So now I'm not... more travel advice
eugini2001's Related Pages
Odessa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Capital of Humor"
- "0dessa - a visionary metropolis..."
- " The Southern Capital of Ukraine"
- "La plus méditerranéenne des villes d'Europe"
- "The pearl of the Black Sea"
- "Odessa on the Black Sea"
- "Me & My previous ship in the Background"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Odessa
- Hotels in Odessa
- Transportation in Odessa
- Nightlife in Odessa
- Restaurants in Odessa
- Shopping in Odessa
- Warnings and Dangers in Odessa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Odessa
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Odessa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Odessa
Top 10 Pages
- Orlando Intro, 19 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Selcuk Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos
- Yalta Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Olathe Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Houston Intro, 3 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alushta Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Moscow Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos
- Williamsburg Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos