"SEA PEARL" Odessa by eugini2001

Odessa Travel Guide: 497 reviews and 1,260 photos

SEA

If you don't like sea you'will like it in Odessa.When I was talking to my friends who were in Odessa once sharing our pictures I realized that we've got tons of them those were taken at the same place,so I decided to keep & share just those that are new or near the famous place.I hope It work out better & will not be so boring.If it wasn't my Odessa page you would guess for a long time where the picture was taken.It's a dockyard,it's obvious.But the same are in Caribbean & France!It's used to be an old port.You still can take a short boat trip over there.

Walking along the streets

The oldest street in Odessa is Derebasovskaya. At the end of it there is a statue of Derebas , the founder of the city. When you are walking along you notice that a lot of small streets cross it & one of them kind of local Broadway has a lot of shops ,restaurants & street photographers on it. One of them offered to put a small chinchilla on my shoulder & take my picture. There is another attractive old building called “Passage”. It’s kind of shopping center. A small park adjoins to it .One can hear Orchestra playing music over there or buy some craft .There is a famous Ostap Bender’s chair from “12 chairs” novel over there. The last picture was taken in front of the second beauty (after la Scala) Opera Theater. I’m sharing this picture because there is another old but restored building next to it.It’s pretty cute to me too.

Rainbow of feelings

There is a big church in the center of the city .In Odessa sometimes you can feel old & new time at the same time. When you inside of the theater you feel as if “Time machine” returned you 2 centuries back. Next to the church there are beggars whom really poor. When you are looking at their faces, gray clothes you feel as if old pictures from great grandmother’s books came alive . For some reason I was scared of them.Both building are next to the Theater too. They look very impressive on the stone pavement street.The next monument is a new one at The Shevchenko Park.

• Pros:Nice historical place
  • Cons:People prefer speak in Ukranian
  • In a nutshell:Old city with beatufull but in poor condition buildings
  • Last visit to Odessa: Aug 1999
  • Intro Updated Apr 13, 2004

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2004 at 2:23 PM

lovely pics bringing back great memories ! my last time in Odessa was in CCCP-times...

eugini2001

“Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall,even to the next county,tothe foreign country,but NOT to where the G is”

Badges & Stats in Odessa