"Columbia in April" Columbia by ZanieOR
Columbia Travel Guide: 214 reviews and 294 photos
I just returned from Columbia, where I stayed with my traveling friend, Marilyn, in a historical bed and breakfast for a short stay in South Carolina's capital city.
It was a short stay -- we arrived late Wednesday night and left early Sunday morning. We came for a specific purpose, to see my son Matt for Family Day and his graduation from basic training at Fort Jackson.
However, we also managed to cram in a short day and half of sightseeing in historic Columbia and nearby Camden, where to our surprise we learned more about the Revolutionary War than the Civil War.
For more reasons than one, my time in Columbia was truly memorable.
- Pros:Lots of history, all woven together wherever we went
- Cons:Despite a fairly small downtown area, we kept getting lost
- In a nutshell:A nice place to visit in April
Camden is a small town about 30 miles northeast of Columbia, which my friend and I decided to visit as a side day trip... more travel advice
We really enjoyed our stay at Chestnut House, which immersed us into Confederate history, as it was one of the war-time... more travel advice
ZanieOR's Related Pages
Columbia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "b1bob's non-PC Columbia adventures"
- "Columbia: South Carolina's Capital City"
- "columbia, south carolina"
- "A real surprise"
- "Columbia, Capitol of South Carolina"
- "Columbia: A Real Deep South City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Columbia
- Hotels in Columbia
- Transportation in Columbia
- Nightlife in Columbia
- Restaurants in Columbia
- Shopping in Columbia
- Warnings and Dangers in Columbia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Columbia
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Columbia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Columbia
Photos in ColumbiaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Joseph Intro, 38 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 28 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oregon Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cannon Beach Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Portland Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Charleston Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos