"Portland, City of Roses" Portland by ZanieOR
Portland Travel Guide: 1,407 reviews and 2,751 photos
Portland is Oregon's largest city, about 336 and a good six hour-plus drive from where I live.
At present both of my children, a sister and good friend (my traveling friend) live in the metro area. In recent years I've found myself often enough that I'm not totally petrified of the city traffic and don't get lost near as often.
Portland is actually a beautiful and exciting city, I think, in the environs of two rivers (Columbia, Willamette) with Mt. Hood as a backdrop on clear days.
It's got beautiful parks, a vibrant downtown center and lots of things to see and do. It's also only about 60 miles from the Oregon coast.
I love to visit, as it's always a enjoyable change of pace from small town life. (Though I'm always glad to be home)
June 2005 -- Since my granddaughter was born in October I've driven to Portland area at least four or five times.
In the most recent copy of Reader's Digest magazine Portland was rated #1 in the list of cleanest cities in the United States AND Budget Travel had a feature titled "Portland: Too Perfect?" that is pretty interesting.
- Pros:Green and full of life.
- Cons:Too much traffic.
- In a nutshell:Portland is a fun place to visit.
Apple Music is a music store complex in downtown owned by friends of mine, who started it as a tiny music store in the... more travel advice
One of my favorite places to visit in Portland when I get a chance is the Portland Saturday Market (open Sundays too) of... more travel advice
ZanieOR's Related Pages
Portland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nearest Big City"
- "City of Roses, Rivers and the Mountain Corgi"
- "Portland, an great liveable city"
- "The Pearl of the Pacific Northwest"
- "If it's tourist season, can we shoot them?"
- "A beautiful city to visit even on a short trip"
- "We Gotta Get Out of This Place: Portland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Portland
- Hotels in Portland
- Transportation in Portland
- Nightlife in Portland
- Restaurants in Portland
- Shopping in Portland
- Warnings and Dangers in Portland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Portland
- 14 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Portland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portland
Photos in PortlandSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Joseph Intro, 38 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 28 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oregon Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cannon Beach Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Portland Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Charleston Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos