"Portland, City of Roses" Portland by ZanieOR

Portland Travel Guide: 1,407 reviews and 2,751 photos

Oregon's largest city

Portland is Oregon's largest city, about 336 and a good six hour-plus drive from where I live.
At present both of my children, a sister and good friend (my traveling friend) live in the metro area. In recent years I've found myself often enough that I'm not totally petrified of the city traffic and don't get lost near as often.
Portland is actually a beautiful and exciting city, I think, in the environs of two rivers (Columbia, Willamette) with Mt. Hood as a backdrop on clear days.
It's got beautiful parks, a vibrant downtown center and lots of things to see and do. It's also only about 60 miles from the Oregon coast.
I love to visit, as it's always a enjoyable change of pace from small town life. (Though I'm always glad to be home)

June 2005 -- Since my granddaughter was born in October I've driven to Portland area at least four or five times.

In the most recent copy of Reader's Digest magazine Portland was rated #1 in the list of cleanest cities in the United States AND Budget Travel had a feature titled "Portland: Too Perfect?" that is pretty interesting.

• Pros:Green and full of life.
  • Cons:Too much traffic.
  • In a nutshell:Portland is a fun place to visit.
  • Last visit to Portland: Jun 2005

Mar 26, 2007 at 11:02 PM

Great Portland page. Thanks for the tips. Beee

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2006 at 10:16 AM

Nice portland page, I will be here the October 6-8 with my son. He loves children's museums and zoos so your tips were very useful.

• alucas's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2005 at 11:05 AM

Very interesting tips on Portland, Elane. You write very well and tempt me to read even more.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2005 at 8:21 PM

What a star-worthy set of pages on Portland. Informative, helpful, positive, and appealing. Nice trend that people are moving into instead of out of Portland. Your tips are interesting and skillfully written.

• birchy99's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2005 at 3:05 PM

Portand has certainly been born again into a very desirable destination and place to put down roots. Good job on your pages.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2005 at 11:18 AM

Would love to get back out to Portland again. Oregon is not given enough credit as a travel destination. Good for you. ;) Thanks for dropping by my pages and have fun down south too!

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2005 at 7:45 AM

Powell's is one of my favorite places. This page makes me want to spend more time in Portland. Thanks!

• kenyneo's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2005 at 10:23 PM

Hmm..I thought there is a very nice Ski Resort here in Portland ? hope to see more beautiful pics soon

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2005 at 8:23 PM

Portland is a fun place to visit indeed. I took the train down here recently to meet a friend and found the city quite pleasant. Thanks for stopping by my new Boise page!

ZanieOR

“There's a whole wide world out there”

Badges & Stats in Portland

Have you been to Portland?

Latest Activity in Portland