"Oregon, the most beautiful state" Top 5 Page for this destination Oregon by ZanieOR
Oregon Travel Guide: 5,510 reviews and 14,986 photos
After reading a few other Oregon pages I was inspired to start my own, in addition to the one about Joseph, Ore., where I live.
Though I was born in Eastern Oregon and raised on a wheat ranch near Pendleton, at one point in my youth Eastern Oregon was the last place I wanted to ever live again. And It was during my first road trip back to Oregon after moving to the mecca of the era, California, that I fell in love with my home state.
Before I settled into Joseph 25 years ago, I traveled in the U.S. quite a bit and lived at different times in New Mexico, Kansas, Florida, Missouri and California, and truly believe that Oregon is the most beautiful state in the U.S.
There is so much to see and so much diversity of geography and landscape: from wide open spaces and high desert to the spectacular Oregon coast. We have mountains, wilderness areas, rugged river canyons and counties (like mine) where the population is one person per square mile. We also have vibrant cities like Portland and Eugene, and wonderful college towns like Corvallis (where I once lived) and Ashland with its acclaimed Shakesphere festival.
Oregon is a great place to live -- and to visit.
I recently returned from a three-night stay on the Oregon coast in the Sylvia Beach Hotel, one of my all-time favorite... more travel advice
Multnomah Falls is a must-see, but off the beaten path if you are visiting Portland and the Oregon Coast, located about... more travel advice
ZanieOR's Related Pages
Oregon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OREGON IS HOME"
- "Oregon, the most beautiful state"
- "Oregon: A Treasure Often Overlooked"
- "Famous for Rain, but That's Only Part of the Story"
- "Welcome to Oregon State"
- "Oregon: End of the Frontier"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oregon
- Hotels in Oregon
- Transportation in Oregon
- Nightlife in Oregon
- Restaurants in Oregon
- Shopping in Oregon
- Warnings and Dangers in Oregon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oregon
- 88 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Oregon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oregon
Top 10 Pages
- Joseph Intro, 38 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 28 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oregon Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cannon Beach Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Portland Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Charleston Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos