"Oregon, the most beautiful state" Top 5 Page for this destination Oregon by ZanieOR

Oregon Travel Guide: 5,204 reviews and 13,361 photos

After reading a few other Oregon pages I was inspired to start my own, in addition to the one about Joseph, Ore., where I live.
Though I was born in Eastern Oregon and raised on a wheat ranch near Pendleton, at one point in my youth Eastern Oregon was the last place I wanted to ever live again. And It was during my first road trip back to Oregon after moving to the mecca of the era, California, that I fell in love with my home state.
Before I settled into Joseph 25 years ago, I traveled in the U.S. quite a bit and lived at different times in New Mexico, Kansas, Florida, Missouri and California, and truly believe that Oregon is the most beautiful state in the U.S.
There is so much to see and so much diversity of geography and landscape: from wide open spaces and high desert to the spectacular Oregon coast. We have mountains, wilderness areas, rugged river canyons and counties (like mine) where the population is one person per square mile. We also have vibrant cities like Portland and Eugene, and wonderful college towns like Corvallis (where I once lived) and Ashland with its acclaimed Shakesphere festival.
Oregon is a great place to live -- and to visit.

• Last visit to Oregon: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 4, 2004

• Segolily's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2008 at 8:29 PM

Thanks for your helpful information. It will come in handy while visiting Oregon next week. I really am hoping to get to Pendleton in time for a mill tour. (but since we'll be driving from SLC we will have to leave very early!)

• sennaya's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2007 at 12:58 PM

Hello, We would like to visit your family wheat ranch for sure. It looks great!

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2006 at 8:47 AM

i love your pics, must go to oregon as soon as possible!!!

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2006 at 7:32 PM

wow! xclent info on this beautiful naturally gifted state. i liked ur tips on astoria (have seen goonies :-)), cold water (can relate in canada), no sales tax (it is 15% in ontario, canada sigh!), shopping tip on made in oregon has some bells ringing.

• worldkiwi's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2005 at 4:32 AM

Brilliantly illustrated descriptions... I'm getting excited already and I won't even be there until 2006!

• Jun 22, 2005 at 9:13 PM

really super information and wonderful photos elane! oregon does look like a wonderful state to visit. hopefully one day! cheers. :-)

• blue_sky04's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2005 at 5:11 PM

Thanks for visiting my page, Elane! I like the way you describe Oregon. Yes, it's one of the most beautiful states in the US. Beautiful pic of Lake Wallowa :-)

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2005 at 3:32 PM

So, I take it, the bottle of riesling is empty now?;-] And it is raining over here .. that means it is either sunny or snowing over there ;-]

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2005 at 10:45 AM

I visited Reedsport OR a few years ago. Very nice place, though I was there in winter-LOTS of rain. Great page, Elaine

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2005 at 2:56 PM

Oregon looks so beautiful would love a visit there Good page & info Greetings from Scotland

ZanieOR

“There's a whole wide world out there”

Badges & Stats in Oregon