"Breckenridge - Summit County - Colorado" Top 5 Page for this destination Breckenridge by kala6487

Breckenridge Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 145 photos

Breckenridge is ski town located in Summit County, Colorado. It's a quaint little town and is close enough to the other Summit County towns of Friscoe Dillon and Silverthorne. This was my homebase for my trip as I went all over the county and other places. The town was a friendly place and it was easy to get used to it.

I got there at the tail end of ski season. Denver was 70 and dry while it was 30 degrees and snowing when I arrived after a somewhat scary ride up I-70.

Summit County is called Colorado's playground and it's easy to see why. Everything about this place was appealing once I got used to the altitude (don't take this lightly). Take a ride over to Dillon - the town that has been moved 3 times since it's inception in 1883 and drive around the reservoir (Lake Dillon).

Take a ride up to the Continental Divide in Loveland Pass. Ski at Keystone or visit the main street of Frisco for a drink (I recommend the Backcountry Brewery).

Venture out of on I-70 for some breathtaking views. I could have driven for days before I got bored. Go west to Vail or south to Leaville (see my other tips for more info).

• Pros:The scenery
  • Cons:I don't live there :(
  • Last visit to Breckenridge: Apr 2002
  • Intro Updated Mar 28, 2004

• Christophe_Ons's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2004 at 4:23 PM

Wonderful pictures. The landscapes look deserted, yet inviting... looks like a great place - nice pages.

kala6487

“Give me wide open spaces and a big sky.”

Badges & Stats in Breckenridge

Have you been to Breckenridge?

Latest Activity in Breckenridge