"Vodice" Vodice by intertraveler

Vodice Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 53 photos

The perfect place for a holiday or live

Vodice is were we spent our honeymoon. Since then we have been back twice the last time was about a year before there struggle for independence. Words cannot describe this area of Croatia it is one of a few places that I would like to live in.

There are many islands on the coast of Croatia and in Vodice you can see at three Islands. The closest I think is Zlarin which I have been to a few times and the local man who ran boat trips is mother was the guide to take us around the Island. When I told her my wife's mother was from Sloviana she decided to dress Christine in the local costume.
As I say this is a very scenic area and to go on a boat trip to the Krka waterfalls though a passage into a sea Loch passed Sibinik through another passage and into a lake which takes you to river and water falls the scenery is fantastic
Vodice you can catch a ferry which will take you to these Islands, but Vodice as a lot of charm some good places to eat and drink not much night life well not over 20 years ago.
We are going back to Vodice in May 2007 this will be are Twenty five years wedding anniversary. I cannot wait and will add more information when we come back.

Vodice May 2007

We have just returned back from Vodice our last visit was about 18 years ago.
Vodice as changed a little there are a lot more water fronted Restaurants and bars now plus there are a lot of small supermarkets and shops specializing in different products. This is a big change since our last visit there is a lot off building work as people are buying property who do not live there.

This is still a great place for an holiday and the scenery in the surrounding areas is breathtaking like the Krka water falls and the sea lock at Sibinik also all the Islands no wonder people return every year.

Vodice Marina

Vodice marina as grown quite big now which attracts people from al over and the are the regattas also. This also helps to make Vodice popular

• Pros:Plenty of things to see
  • Cons:Not very good beaches
  • In a nutshell:One of the best places that I have been to
  • Last visit to Vodice: May 2007
  • Intro Updated May 20, 2007

intertraveler

“Lancashire Lads will travel”

Badges & Stats in Vodice