"Bowmanville - Small Town in Toronto Area" Bowmanville by bilgeez
Bowmanville Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 63 photos
Bowmanville is east of Toronto off the 401 at exit 455.
One could say it is an "exburb" of Toronto, as it is at the eastern edge of the metro area. It is also a suburb or Oshawa, it buffers the urban and rural areas.
There are many interesting parks nearby, on Lake Ontario and inland. I have a few tips on those.
There are many old mills for; cider, wood cutting, flour making, in the area, some are operable and sell products made locally.
There are some excellent wineries, one of which I have a tip on.
If you are visiting the Toronto-Oshawa area, it would be worth your time to explore around Bowmanville. Especially if you are into visiting local wineries and like to buy fresh fruit and vegtables, as there are many seasonal stands in the area for those and some permanent local produce markets. There is also excellent cheese made in this area. if you like sharp Canadian cheddar, this is a place to get some of that!
Bowmanville has many Victorian-era buildings that are still in use.
Near the town centre are several examples.
There are also several old mills in the area, some are still used as mills, but most are used in other roles now. Such as the mill that is now the local art gallery. One is still used as a cider mill, and one is vacant, it was going to be turned into a mini-mall, but that fell through. You can see my tips on these below.
- Pros:Well kept secret. Excellent area for local goods.
- Cons:Urban encrochment is taking away the small-town charm.
- In a nutshell:Visit it now before it becomes a full-blown suburb!
The Visual Arts Centre of Clarington is in Bowmanville. It houses art of all types of media inside and has some displays... more travel advice
bilgeez's Related Pages
Bowmanville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bowmanville, Ontario"
- "Historical Bowmanville"
- "Bowmanville - Small Town in Toronto Area"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bowmanville
- Hotels in Bowmanville
- Restaurants in Bowmanville
- Shopping in Bowmanville
- See All...
Explore the World
- Spring Mill State Park Hotels
- Jewel Cave National Monument Hotels
- Port Huron
- San Clemente
- Dunns River Falls and Beach Hotels
- Lexington Hotels
- Ilha da Armona Hotels
- Kalamaria Hotels
- Estado de Baja California Norte
Badges & Stats in Bowmanville
- 3 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Bowmanville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bowmanville
Photos in BowmanvilleSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 27 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panamá City Intro, 39 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Tablas Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odessa Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambutal Intro, 18 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chitré Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fulda Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Taboga Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Bowmanville Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (21)
Latest Bowmanville hotel reviews
- Howard Johnson Bowmanville
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 17, 2013