"Sedona, AZ; Red Rocks, Art and Christmas!" Sedona by bilgeez
Sedona Travel Guide: 865 reviews and 2,017 photos
Sedona, is the "Art Community" of Arizona. It was just a wide spot on US 89-A until the 1980's when it blossomed into a trendy get-away place for the Hollywood Jet-set. Many celebs live full or part-time there, now.
There are many resorts, spas and golf clubs there.
Sedona is known for it's breathtaking sunsets because of the sandstone mesas in the area, they glow fiery red at sunset.
Sedona is also know for it's Christmas Village. It is up from Thanksgiving (end of November) till New Year.
Sedona is a neat place to visit, although more commercial than it was 20 years ago. But there are some good local artists that have some very interesting works for sale at the miriad of galleries that have popped up there.
I wish I had bought property there in the mid 80's!
- Pros:Nice western art, great vistas, gorgeous sunsets, Chirstmas Village
- Cons:Pricey, touristy, crowded in winter
- In a nutshell:Nice for a day visit from Phoenix or Flagstaff
Oak Creek Canyon is just north of Sedona. It is a favorite place for tubers and rafters to go. If the water level is... more travel advice
bilgeez's Related Pages
Sedona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Sedona"
- "Sedona, Red Rock Country"
- "Sedona: General and Spiritual"
- "AMONGST THE RED ROCKS"
- "Spiritual Mecca, Artistic Enclave & Outdoor Wonder"
- "Sedona - A Beautiful Place in Arizona"
- "The Red Rock Beauty of Sedona"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sedona
- Hotels in Sedona
- Transportation in Sedona
- Nightlife in Sedona
- Restaurants in Sedona
- Shopping in Sedona
- Warnings and Dangers in Sedona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sedona
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Sedona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sedona
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 27 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panamá City Intro, 39 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Tablas Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odessa Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambutal Intro, 18 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chitré Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fulda Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Taboga Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Bowmanville Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue