Panamá City Things to Do Tips by bilgeez Top 5 Page for this destination
Panamá City Things to Do: 148 reviews and 316 photos
Front of old Admin Bldg.
Not real exciting, but a remnant of the US administed Canal Zone. Worth a drive by, anyway if you go to Miraflores, you go past it.
Directions: Not far from Albrook Mall, about a mile or so. McDonald's and Friday's are close by, too.
A trip to Panama wouldn’t be complete unless one visits the Locks on the Panama Canal. Probably the most easily accessible of these are the Miraflores Locks near Panama City. One can take a cab there for a few dollars or a bus or a tour that originates in Panama City. The entry fee for non-Panamanians is $5 at Miraflores Visitors’ Center. If you want to see the exhibits, add $3. They are OK, and informative, but not really necessary to see. There are several levels one can view the locks from. There is a restaurant on the third level that is supposed to be pretty good, albeit expensive, for Panama, I haven’t tried it yet, but hope to fairly soon. The upper level is where one gets a good view of the whole process of a ship using the lock and has great views looking toward Amador and up the Galliard Cut.
Directions: Any cab driver should know where this is! There are miriad tours from PC that go here every day as well!
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (507) 276-8325
Amador Causeway Sunset
If one visits Panama City one has to go on the Amador Causeway. It stretches from the mainland to a promintory that is the gateway to the Panama Canal. The causeway starts where there is a statue of workers and continues about three miles and ends at a shopping mall at the distal end. Between are walkways one can hike or bike on, there is a bike rental concession nearby Pencas Restraunt at the mainland end of the Causeway. The Smithsonian Institute Labs are on the Causeway and a couple of malls with many shops and restaurants, including a Bennigan´s and a branch of the locally popular Leños y Carbon restaurant.
It´s a great place to stroll, bike, people watch and check out a spectacular view of the Panama City skyline, the Bridge of the Americas, and ships waiting their turns to go through the canal.
Address: South-west of downtown Panama City
Directions: Amador Causeway.
Bridge of the Americas
There are two bridges over the Panama Canal, the older, Bridge of the Americas, is an arch-type bridge closer to the Amador Causeway, it can be seen from the Causeway quite easily. Farther up the canal, and past the Miraflores Locks, is the near-new Centennial Bridge, which is a suspension bridge, is now open, I have traveled over it several times since I moved here. I read in some past tips that the bridge was complete but not open because the entrance ramps were not complete, I can say most definitely, they have been completed and the bridge is in use see the photos below for proof.
Address: Highway 1, the TransAmerican Highway.
Directions: The Bridge of the Americas is closer to Amador and Downtown PC, the Centennial Bridge is further north, past the Miraflores Locks.
More Reviews (35)
- See All Italian, Panamanian and Seafood
- See All Downtown Hotel
- See All Liquor Store and More!
- See All Other Panamanian Traditional Dress
bilgeez's Related Pages
Panamá City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It's Carnaval time"
- "Panama City"
- "Panama City"
- "LA CIUDAD DE PANAMA"
- "Panama City - a city of contrasts"
- "KUNA INDIANS ON AVENIDA CENTRAL"
- "PANAMA CITY - COUNTERPOINTS IN THE TROPICS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Panamá City
- Hotels in Panamá City
- Transportation in Panamá City
- Nightlife in Panamá City
- Restaurants in Panamá City
- Shopping in Panamá City
- Warnings and Dangers in Panamá City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Panamá City
- 39 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 25 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Panamá City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Panamá City
Photos in Panamá CitySee All Photos (73)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 27 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panamá City Intro, 39 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Tablas Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odessa Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambutal Intro, 18 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chitré Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fulda Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Taboga Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Bowmanville Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue