"Day Trip From Panama City" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Taboga by bilgeez
Isla Taboga Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 60 photos
Taboga is an Island just a few miles off the shores of Panama City. Many locals go there for a day at the beach. The trip is similar to going to Catalina Island in California, but the boats are smaller, slower and the trip isn´t as long. On the lsland, there aren´t many facilities. The big hotel was recently torn down and is supposed to be rebuilt, but the way things go in Panama, that may be a while. In the mean time, there is little in the way of lodgings on the Island, a few small hotels, and B & Bs, but that is about it. There are a few restaurants on the Island, but not much variety, mostly Panamanian or Chinese food, and some fondas. There is a fruit stand near the beach by the old hotel ruins, the stuff is good, but it is pricey. You can get similar, cheaper stuff from the street vendors in Panama City. As for the beach, there isn´t much there, and if the tide is in, it is almost nonexistent. There is a couple of people who will rent you umbrellas or picnic tables for $5, each, for the day. Many people bring their own food and beverages, although most prices on the Island aren´t much more than the mainland.
If you want to have a rustic adventure at a budget price, then a day trip to Taboga would be for you. But, there are better facilities on the mainland that offer much the same.
Not much to see on the way over to Taoboga, lots of freighters anchored, waiting their turn through the canal, the skyline of Panama City, and lots of birds!
- Pros:Cheap, Easy day trip from Panama City
- Cons:Not many facilities on the Island
- In a nutshell:It´s quaint but, not very exciting.
All towns in Panama have as their focal point the local Catholic Church. The Church on Isla Taboga is no different. It... more travel advice
The beaches on Taboga are not large or dramatic, in any sense, and nearly non-existant at high tide! But the locals come... more travel advice
bilgeez's Related Pages
Isla Taboga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Day Trip From Panama City"
- "TABOGA HOUSE RENTAL "TRES TERRAZAS""
- "Slice of Paradise"
- "Peaceful and relaxing beaches"
- "Tobago Island Ceritto tropical"
- "Beautiful Escape from Panama City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla Taboga
- Hotels in Isla Taboga
- Transportation in Isla Taboga
- Restaurants in Isla Taboga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla Taboga
- 5 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Isla Taboga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Taboga
Photos in Isla TabogaSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 27 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panamá City Intro, 39 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Tablas Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos
- Odessa Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambutal Intro, 18 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chitré Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fulda Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Taboga Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Bowmanville Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue