"Prague - the most beautiful city in the world" Prague by Blondiina

Prague Travel Guide: 11,872 reviews and 24,810 photos

Prague is the most beautiful and romantic city I’ve ever been to. I had wanted to go there for many years and my wish finally came true in July 2004. I wasn’t disappointed by the least; I was stunned that it turned out to be even more beautiful and fascinating than I thought. I could just watch those magnificent buildings for hours, study their details and admire the people who made them. Baroque, Art Nouveau… Who needs museums, when you can just walk through the history on the streets of Prague?

But there’s much more to Prague than just the buildings. First of all, almost everything else but crystal is cheap, so you don’t even need a big budget to enjoy yourself. There is something for everyone from food lovers to shopping addicts; you won’t be left cold. And don’t believe those who say that service in Prague is bad in restaurants!

We felt that Prague is a safe city. I know every city has its bad neighbourhoods, but generally we didn’t feel even the least unsafe anywhere. Didn’t have problems with pickpockets or anything even though we were sometimes in the middle of a big crowd. Just use your common sense, that’s all the safety precautions you need.

Please, do check my tips on Prague. I leave out the history of the sights, because there are lots of good pages in VT with lots of info, but I tell you, what were the places I enjoyed visiting and think are worth seeing. The list isn't all covering, but I leave to you to discover the places I didn't think of mentioning.

I visited Prague the second time in March 2006 and loved it every bit as much as the first time. I would love to go back one day, actually I'm very sure I will. This is a city that every one should see, at least once in a life time. Magical...

• Pros:beautiful, cheap
  • Cons:lots of tourists
  • Last visit to Prague: Mar 2006
  • Intro Updated Mar 30, 2006

• Siddha3th's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2006 at 12:38 AM

Your fav. restaurant of all time sounds sinfully delicious! Wonderful food reviews Piia, I can see what you meant about ALL the great food. The pics of you with your mum are lovely :-)

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2006 at 10:43 AM

Thanks for visitng my Bratislava page... I enjoyed your Vienna & Prague tips as well... ps I found a time when Charles Bridge is not crowed...5 in the morning! Joe

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2006 at 10:09 AM

very informative tips, especially some of the restaurants, for our upcoming trip. Thanks for sharing. >~!

• ophiru's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2005 at 10:59 PM

Great pictures and tips ! The picture of tyn cathedral on the main page is amazing with the clouds above.

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2005 at 11:57 PM

You were blessed by great weather during your stay...Lovely city!!

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2005 at 5:00 AM

One of Europe's most beautiful cities full of special entertainment and historical wonders. Nice page, beautiful pics and perfect info. Greets, Paul

• K.Knight's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2005 at 4:00 AM

Prague has intrigued me for some years now and my wife and I will be there in October this year. I look forward to seeing the things you have shared with me here, thanks!

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2005 at 12:05 PM

I loved visiting this city. I liked the picture you have the Hercules and Titan statues. I tried to get a good picture of them but it did not turn out very well.

• Dec 23, 2004 at 4:42 PM

so true! no smiles for us at Bohemia Bagel either but a hot breakfast was worth the sour looks.

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2004 at 5:30 AM

Would like to visit Prague & after seeing your beautiful photos, gr8 must sees & mouth watering resaurant tips I'm convinced I must go there soon. My wife would love your shopping tips. Cheers from downunder.

Blondiina