"The Enchantment Of Blarney" Top 5 Page for this destination Blarney by clws
Blarney Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 204 photos
Blarney is a beautiful and quaint town. It is a fun and beautiful city to visit and walk around. From an old enchanting castle to the Woolen Mill, to beautiful streams and a few little shops. Blarney is a wonderful location to add to your travel adventures!
Blarney is home to a large and enchanting castle called Blarney Castle. It is a must see in this cute town! the grounds are marvelous as well, full of lush plants, trees, and foliage. And a pituresque stream runs through the property as well. From the top of the castle you can see all of Blarney with views that will make your mouth drop in awe.
Blarney Castle is actually the third castle to be built on its site. It was built in 1446 by Dermot McCarthy, King of Munster. The first castle was built of wood and was built around 1210 A.D.
You get spectacular views from the top of Blarney Castle, and on beautiful sunny days, it is spell bounding! The Main picture is from the top of the castle, as well as this one, which shows other parts of the grounds of the castle. If you are ever in this part of Ireland, a visit to Blarney is a must!
- Pros:Marvelous town with beautiful scenery, castle, woolen mills, tourist shops, pubs, and restaurants.
- In a nutshell:Very Enchanting Scenic Town
A fun way to take some pictures is through the different type holes in the castle walls, such as the Murder holes,... more travel advice
Fairy Glade is located in the Gardens of the Blarney Castle. It is a very pretty area, as is all the garden area of the... more travel advice
clws' Related Pages
Blarney Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Blarney- Pucker up!!"
- "The Enchantment Of Blarney"
- "Home of Blarney Castle and the Blarney Stone"
- "The Town of Blarney"
- "The Blarney Castle: The Last Magical Castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blarney
- Hotels in Blarney
- Transportation in Blarney
- Restaurants in Blarney
- Shopping in Blarney
- Warnings and Dangers in Blarney
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Blarney
- 19 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Blarney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blarney
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dhahran Intro, 37 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kinsale Intro, 36 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blarney Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos
- Saudi Arabia Intro, 31 reviews, 17 photos
- Kauai Intro, 19 reviews, 16 photos
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Woodstock Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Jazirat Hawar Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Moreton in the Marsh Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Ras Tanura Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos