""Irish Beauty Harbor Town Kinsale"" Top 5 Page for this destination Kinsale by clws
Kinsale Travel Guide: 183 reviews and 378 photos
Kinsale is a beautiful and picturesque harbour town in County Cork, Ireland. Walking around this small quaint city brings you back in time with it's charming shops, narrow streets, and Irish pubs. You will find wonderful cuisine in this small town, as it is the "Gourmet Captial of Ireland". You can take many scenic walks around this wonderful town. Walks along the river, by the harbor, on the upper side of the town, along the countryside, and even nice walks to two different forts, Charles Fort, and James Fort. This is a great location to come to for a romantic getaway or for a family vacation.
Kinsale is a traditional commercial port with a long history. It has a splendid, virtually land locked natural harbour on the estuary of the Bandon River, 11 nautical miles South West of Cork harbour entrance about eight kilometres north-northeast of the Old Head of Kinsale. Both the outer and inner harbours cover approximately five square kilometres, providing good shelter and anchorage.
As a commercial port, Kinsale caters for approximately 100 vessels per year. The majority of commercial shipping in involved in the importation of bulk animal foods. We are also engaged in the exportation of timber to the U.K. As a pleasure port, Kinsale boasts two fully serviced Marinas and is also home to a thriving fishing fleet.
This beautiful harbour town is not only full of beautiful homes, but is host to numerous shops, pubs, restaurants, bed and breakfasts, butchers, bakers, and other businesses. If you walk the quaint winding streets you will find beautiful and colorful buildings adorned with blooming flowers. A lot of local crafts and art can be found in the shops here. Take a peek inside and you will even find that you can watch some of this beautiful work being done on the premises. At Kinsale Crystal you can watch as they deep cut the beautiful crystal and make it sparkle like diamonds. At Kinsale Silver, you can watch as the silversmiths Joshua and Pat Dolan create beautiful silver jewelry.
Kinsale is the Gourmet Capitol of Ireland. You will find some of the best tasting meals you have ever had here. Restaurants and pubs all around the town. No wonder we love to go back. With great food, comfy rooms, wonderful shops, and amazing views, Kinsale is one of our favorite places to vacation.
- Pros:You can walk all over this charming little town. Restaurants and shopping within walking distance of accomidations.
- Cons:Traffic can sometimes be hard to get through, and parking can sometimes be hard to find.
- In a nutshell:A charming little town that I love more each time I visit
Completely refurbished in 2004, each room is individually furnished with exquisite furniture, the ultimate in luxury... more travel advice
Heather Mountain is a lovely shop full of sweaters, knit socks, Irish Cloaks, and other wonderful handcrafts from... more travel advice
- See All Choose between 2 courses
- See All Hours Of Business
- See All 2 wheeling
- See All Dinner Out
clws' Related Pages
Kinsale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Kinsale Magical Virtual Tour"
- ""Irish Beauty Harbor Town Kinsale""
- "Selling Kinsale"
- "Golf on a cliff"
- "Falling in love with Kinsale"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kinsale
- Hotels in Kinsale
- Transportation in Kinsale
- Nightlife in Kinsale
- Restaurants in Kinsale
- Shopping in Kinsale
- Warnings and Dangers in Kinsale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kinsale
- 36 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Kinsale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kinsale
Photos in KinsaleSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dhahran Intro, 37 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kinsale Intro, 36 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blarney Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos
- Saudi Arabia Intro, 31 reviews, 17 photos
- Kauai Intro, 19 reviews, 16 photos
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Woodstock Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Jazirat Hawar Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Moreton in the Marsh Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Ras Tanura Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos