"Yorkshire's best kept secret?" Top 5 Page for this destination Beverley by Orbital_

Beverley Travel Guide: 116 reviews and 163 photos

The unassuming capital of East Yorkshire

Let's face it; East Yorkshire isn't exactly a tourist Mecca. The main city in the region has a staggeringly bad reputation that, considering recent redevelopment is quite unfair but is still kept in check through the insular mentality of the locals. Head twelve miles north of 'Ull though and you'll chance upon the best-kept secret in the north.

A universe away from 'Beverly Hills'

Beverley is a historic market town well off most tourists' paths - most simply head for the much more famous city of York to the north and east. But this place is definitely worth an afternoon of your time in what is otherwise a fairly sparse (predominantly agricultural!) area for tourists!

• Pros:Beverley Westwood, The Minster, tasteful approach to new development in the town, character...
  • Cons:Plenty of clothes shops for women, nigh-on zero for men! Choking traffic on the one-way system...
  • In a nutshell:Definitely worth an afternoon of your time...
  • Intro Updated Oct 24, 2008

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2007 at 3:26 PM

Wow...your description of the Friday and Saturday night crowds seems quite universal...and I thought it was something in the air here...Oh well...hope your birthday is a blast...

• Rhondaj's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2006 at 2:48 PM

You live in a lovely town. I like to visit on town market days!

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2005 at 3:51 PM

that church looks really interesting, loved the detail pic and will be happy to see that on the front page rotation

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2005 at 9:23 AM

Hello, I am palying a game from the misc forum 6 dg of separation, I was fortunate to land on your page!! What a excellent page! Very good tips, especially "off beaten track" Hope to read more of your travels as I am travleing to the UK in 2006 Kat

• antistar's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2004 at 9:37 AM

To my shame, when I saw where you were from, I couldn't picture where it was. I wasn't even certain it was England. Still, your excellent pages have certainly put it on my map, so I might even visit it one day now!

• craic's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2004 at 4:34 AM

What a great page. Love it.

• quartinb's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2004 at 3:13 PM

off the beatten beverley page. now i know a little about it,,, . ,,,yu 'll have yur oportunity to get even:-)) ROONEY.ROONEYhehe

• Kate-Me's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2004 at 6:21 PM

Looks like a very nice and pretty place to live!

• suvanki's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2004 at 3:44 PM

Great tips etc, hoped to visit Beverley on way back from recent trip to Whitby, but had to miss as A1 in rush hour didn't appeal:-( Now I've read your page, I'll make an extra effort to visit! Cheers, Sue!

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2004 at 12:43 PM

A very nice town in which to hang your hat. After 2300 everyone goes over to the Minster?

Orbital_ Lives Here!

Orbital_

“Don't tell me what I can't do...”

Badges & Stats in Beverley

Have you been to Beverley?