"Bem-Vindo a Macau - Welcome to Macau" Top 5 Page for this destination Macao by ahoerner
Macao Travel Guide: 1,858 reviews and 5,718 photos
Macau was a must see since we were in Hong Kong on vacations… it takes only about one hour to get there and besides I would not forgive myself if I missed it.
As former Portuguese territory, Macau is also of special interest for us Brazilians: where in Asia could we speak our mother language or read it on the signs everywhere? The colony’s history also crosses our Brazilian colonial history in some points in time, making it almost a “deja-vu” of our own history. For me, visiting Macau was like to be in the colonial Brazil, but crowded with Chinese.
A day-trip to Macau was the perfect way to know it in its highlights. We could see almost all major attractions and still had enough time to simply walk through its calm streets, visiting churches, observing the people and simply being a part of it then.
Later we felt like it would be great to stay longer, perhaps for two or three days. Maybe some other day we could manage that… it was a great experience anyway.
Enjoy our day!
- In a nutshell:East & West perfectly mixed together with a Portuguese accent.
The Portuguese architecture is noticeable all over the town. Some buildings are in such a good shape like the one in the... more travel advice
Small Buddhist shrines can be found almost everywhere in Macau. They can pass almost unnoticed to the normal tourist... more travel advice
ahoerner's Related Pages
Macao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IMPREXXION: MACAU"
- "Bem-Vindo a Macau - Welcome to Macau"
- "Macau - former Portuguese Colony"
- "Portuguese Heritage"
- "aramat's new Macao Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Macao
- Hotels in Macao
- Transportation in Macao
- Nightlife in Macao
- Restaurants in Macao
- Shopping in Macao
- Warnings and Dangers in Macao
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Macao
- 34 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Macao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Macao
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 50 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Changchun Intro, 46 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macao Intro, 34 reviews, 30 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curitiba Intro, 26 reviews, 21 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalian Intro, 22 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puebla de Zaragoza Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos