"Frederiksborg Castle at Hillerød" Hillerød by ahoerner
Hillerød Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 173 photos
Castle Frederiksborg is one the most beautiful castles I have ever visited in Europe... of course, I can mention that there are still lots of castles that I do not know. This one will remain anyway as one of my favourites.
In 1599 King Christian IV began the construction of the castle in Dutch renaissance style. It was finished in 1615.
The beautiful baroque garden is also a must see, once you visit the castle...
- In a nutshell:Amazing architecture and charming gardens
A beautiful chapel also can be visited in the castle. I remember there was a classical music presentation on that day... more travel advice
Beautiful example of architecture in the countryside of Denmark. The castle began to be built on 1599 by assignment of... more travel advice
ahoerner's Related Pages
Hillerød Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hillerød and its magnificent castle"
- "Castle town"
- "Frederiksborg Castle at Hillerød"
- "Hiller?d, Danmark's C4 city"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hillerød
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Hillerød?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hillerød
Photos in HillerødSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 50 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Changchun Intro, 46 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macao Intro, 34 reviews, 30 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curitiba Intro, 26 reviews, 21 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalian Intro, 22 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puebla de Zaragoza Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos