"Lakes, sand & sun at Lençóis Maranhenses" Barreirinhas by ahoerner
Barreirinhas Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 6 photos
This city is the starting point for one of my greatest trips ever.
The location known as "Lençóis Maranhenses", in northeastern Brazil is a mix of desert and beaches. Actually rain water lakes. This wonderful landscape covers the entire northeastern part of the State of Maranhão.
June is the best period for visiting the "Lençóis": lakes are full, weather is dry (rain season ends on April/May) and you can in addition enjoy the Saint John Feasts all over Maranhão.
This region could be called the tropical version of the thousand lakes' Finland. With much more sand, of course.
There you will only need the following to survive: bermudas, t-shirts and a camera!
- Pros:Good infrastructure for tourism and good accomodations available
- Cons:Far from everywhere...
- In a nutshell:Amazing nature and breathtaking landscape.
Simple acomodations in a simple town. But enough if you plan to be outdoors almost the entire day. And night. The... more travel advice
ahoerner's Related Pages
Barreirinhas Travel Guide
- Hotels in Barreirinhas
- Transportation in Barreirinhas
- Shopping in Barreirinhas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barreirinhas
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Barreirinhas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barreirinhas
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 50 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Changchun Intro, 46 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macao Intro, 34 reviews, 30 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curitiba Intro, 26 reviews, 21 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalian Intro, 22 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puebla de Zaragoza Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos