"Charming Alpine Atmosphere" Campos do Jordão by ahoerner
Campos do Jordão Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 49 photos
If you are looking for mountain atmosphere near Sao Paulo, you should consider Campos do Jordao.
Located 1.700m above sea level (compared to the 800m of Sao Paulo) it is particularly charming on winter (June to September), specially on the Winter Festival, a music festival where the most famous classical orchestras and musicians countrywide move to there during some weeks.
Many options of restaurants make you feel really at home: from French cuisine to Brazilian typicals, you find everything there.
Accomodations there can be really expensive depending on the festivals and events that take place in town, so be prepared to pay an extra for that.
We had the good luck to be there during the Trout Festival... whammy...
Enjoy your trip and my tips.
- Pros:Charming alpine atmosphere in southern Brazil
- Cons:Too expensive and crowded during festivals.
- In a nutshell:Feel the mountain atmosphere on a short trip.
Roads to Campos do Jordao are quite good so a trip from Sao Paulo can be made in 2, 5 hours by car. During the road... more travel advice
ahoerner's Related Pages
Campos do Jordão Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Campos do Jordão, São Paulo, Brasil"
- "Campos do Jordão"
- "Charming Alpine Atmosphere"
- "Campos do Jordão - São Paulo´s Winter Refuge"
- "EFCJ in Campos do Jordão"
- "CAMPOS DO JORDÃO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Campos do Jordão
- Hotels in Campos do Jordão
- Transportation in Campos do Jordão
- Nightlife in Campos do Jordão
- Restaurants in Campos do Jordão
- Shopping in Campos do Jordão
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Campos do Jordão
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Campos do Jordão?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Campos do Jordão
Photos in Campos do JordãoSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 50 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Changchun Intro, 46 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macao Intro, 34 reviews, 30 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curitiba Intro, 26 reviews, 21 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalian Intro, 22 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puebla de Zaragoza Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos