"Most European capital in Brazil" Top 5 Page for this destination Curitiba by ahoerner
Curitiba Travel Guide: 227 reviews and 527 photos
Curitiba, the city where I lived for the last 11 years, can be considered the most european capital in Brazil.
Influence of the immigrants that reached southern Brazil in the mid 1800's.
The city is nationwide known as one of the capitals with the highest life quality standards and as well as the ecological capital of Brazil. It is covered with beautiful parks you can reach using the efficient and organized transportation net.
Its nightlife is getting more and more interesting, since you count with restaurants and cuisines from all over the world. Most famous are the italian district called "Santa Felicidade", where you find restaurant after restaurant on the Via Veneto street.
Curitiba is located 400km southern from Sao Paulo and 800km from beautiful Rio de Janeiro. Heading south you reach the wonderful city of Florianopolis, plenty of beaches and breathtaking landscapes.
If you are visiting Brazil and are curious about the city, try it... you will enjoy it.
- Pros:Well organized and beautiful city.
- Cons:It may disappoint tourists looking for the real Brazil...
- In a nutshell:Big city with provincial people...
Despite of its Italian name, this restaurant is citywide famous by its Wednesday "Feijoada", this typical Brazilian dish... more travel advice
Best burger in town. Forget any other Macs or Kings, this small diner rules... this is my favourite place for an... more travel advice
ahoerner's Related Pages
Curitiba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "3 weeks off the beaten path, "planner's paradise""
- "Most European capital in Brazil"
- "Curitiba...the capital of the South.."
- "Curitiba - capital of Parana"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Curitiba
- Hotels in Curitiba
- Transportation in Curitiba
- Nightlife in Curitiba
- Restaurants in Curitiba
- Shopping in Curitiba
- Warnings and Dangers in Curitiba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Curitiba
- 26 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Curitiba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Curitiba
Photos in CuritibaSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 50 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Changchun Intro, 46 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macao Intro, 34 reviews, 30 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curitiba Intro, 26 reviews, 21 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalian Intro, 22 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puebla de Zaragoza Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos