"Old and Modern Seoul" Seoul by ahoerner
Seoul Travel Guide: 2,996 reviews and 7,293 photos
Seoul was a great surprise for us. We visited the city during the Spring Festival (or Chinese New Year) holidays and we really thought we would find in South Korea the same turmoil as the holidays cause in China. Surprisingly it had not.
The city is a huge capital, well organized, comprehensive transportation network and lively districts, mixes the new and the old in such a way that will make the tourist feel like home and not feeling like leaving anymore.
Attractions are the various Palaces such as Gyeongbokgung, Changdeokgung, Changyeonggung, lively day and night markets and shopping malls as Dongdaemun and Nandaemun, parks such as Namsan Park and its Tower, the Olympic Park, and interesting places as Insadong, where you can experience the real Korean culture, and Itaewon, bustling with a large number of foreigners and some western style.
Enjoy my pages and tips. Make my visit yours!
- Pros:Friendly people living in a beautiful and lively city!
- Cons:A little bit expensive.
- In a nutshell:Friendly people living in a beautiful and lively city!
On the top floor in the Doota shopping mall you find a modern food court with many options of Korean specialities, such... more travel advice
Another apparently nice option that we visited. Typical Korean house with “ondol” rooms. How to get there: -Airport... more travel advice
ahoerner's Related Pages
Seoul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to The Land of Big Smog"
- "Return to Seoul"
- "Seoul - My favorite place on Earth!"
- "Seoul: Energy in the Land of the Morning Calm"
- "Organized Chaos --> Seoul, South Korea"
- "Seoul, Capital of Korea"
- "Backpacking Korea in Winter / Spring"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seoul
- Hotels in Seoul
- Transportation in Seoul
- Nightlife in Seoul
- Restaurants in Seoul
- Shopping in Seoul
- Warnings and Dangers in Seoul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seoul
- 14 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Seoul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seoul
Photos in SeoulSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 50 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Changchun Intro, 46 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macao Intro, 34 reviews, 30 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curitiba Intro, 26 reviews, 21 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalian Intro, 22 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puebla de Zaragoza Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos
Latest Seoul hotel reviews
- IP Boutique Hotel
- 194 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Han Suites Serviced Residences Seoul
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 4, 2013
- The Westin Chosun Seoul
- 410 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- New Boolim Tourist Hotel Seoul
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 9, 2013
- Novotel Ambassador Gangnam
- 182 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Mayfield Hotel Seoul
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Sheraton Grande Walker Hill Hotel and Towers Seoul
- 83 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Beewon Guesthouse
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Free M Hotel
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Hotel Victoria
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Seoul Guest House
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 2, 2013
- President Hotel Seoul
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- Casaville Residence Shinchon Seoul
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2012