"Edinburgh" Edinburgh by aah_stone

Edinburgh Travel Guide: 3,449 reviews and 6,942 photos

A trip to Scotland

Although I had travelled to Edinburgh many times previously, this was the first time I had visited the city properly.

Before I had just travelled through or past on a train or in a car.

I arrived on a gorgeous Saturday lunchtime at the airport on a slightly delayed flight from Southampton with Flybe. I headed into the city centre in a hire car as it was necessary to have a car for the other part of my trip to The Trossachs.

I met up with 3 friends and another friend of a friend who all attended Durham University with me. The friend of a friend lives and works in Edinburgh. Very nice of her to join us for a few hours and to have lunch with us.

Edinburgh Again

Myself and James visited Edinburgh again on a Tuesday afternoon, the day we were departing Scotland to head for our respective homes. James back to london on the train. Myself back to Sussex via Southampton on the plane.

We stopped for a late lunch after finding a geocache (please see my home page for details).

Again a lovely sunny day :)

• Last visit to Edinburgh: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 13, 2005

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2005 at 2:48 PM

Glad you enjoyed your visits to Edinburgh. I spent a week there in June, and had a great time. (Now I'll have a look at your homepage to find out what a geocache is…)

aah_stone

“I wonder what is around the next corner?”

Badges & Stats in Edinburgh

Have you been to Edinburgh?

Latest Activity in Edinburgh