"Mayasite Kabah - Close to Uxmal" Kabah by JanPeter74
Kabah Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 27 photos
Kabah is a small Mayasite close to Uxmal. We were there for an hour or so, which is enough, since it is a rather limited site. Nevertheless, you should go there if you are in the neighbourhood.
The buildings on this site have an enormous amount of details. E.g. a wall that is completely covered with stone Chac Mool masks. See pics.
Unfortunately, both here as well as on many other mayasites, most Chac Mool masks have broken noses. It's a pity, but they are quite impressive anyway. In this 3rd picture you see at the end of the wall a mask that still has its nose (that trunk-like thing).
- Pros:Nice example of the Maya craftsmanship
JanPeter74's Related Pages
Kabah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "maya archeological site dedicated to god of rain"
- "Kabah on La Ruta Puuc"
- "Puuc Route - Kabah"
- "Mayasite Kabah - Close to Uxmal"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kabah
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Kabah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kabah
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corsica Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos
- Scotland Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Bali Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lake District National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Banff National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos