"Jasper National Park" Jasper National Park by JanPeter74
Jasper National Park Travel Guide: 421 reviews and 1,035 photos
Jasper National Park forms a unity with Banff NP that lies to the south and the smaller parks Yoho and Kootenay that both lie to the west in British Columbia. Jasper is filled with typical Rocky Mountain scenery, such as impressive mountains, glaciers, forests, lakes, etc. Together with Jasper is bigger and less crowded than Banff, which is the most touristy of the four parks.
The most important town is Jasper townsite that lies more or less in the middle of the park. Here you find hotels, restaurants and shops.South of Jasper starts the Icefields Parkway, one of the most, if not THE most scenic, roads in the world, that leads all the way up to Lake Louise in Banff NP. This road passes an enormous amount of glaciers along the road, which are all coming of the Columbia Icefields. One of the largest icefields in the world (apart from north and south pole areas).
The most popular drive (take a couple of days for this) in the Rockies starts in Banff NP in the south, passes Banff, and Lake Louise, and then follows the Icefields Parkway into Jasper. Once you have reached Jasper townsite, you take the road to the west and drive west out of the park into British Columbia (passing Mount Robson Provincial Park, which is one of the highlights of a trip to Canada, so also not to be missed). Of course this trip can also be done the other way around. In that case, the views on the Icefields Parkway are perhaps even more spectacular.
Click here for a map of Jasper NP. This is the same map you receive when entering the park. Nice to know: You pay an entrance fee for the entire area (all four parks) at once. They just ask you how many days you plan to stay in the area and give you a ticket for this period.
Number 1 spot in this park: Mount Edith Cavell.
The Sunwapta Falls are located close to the Icefield Parkway, towards the southern boundary of the park. The Sunwapta... more travel advice
Maligne Canyon is located 11 km east of Jasper along the Maligne Lake road. It is a canyon like many others, but in its... more travel advice
JanPeter74's Related Pages
Jasper National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Wind Whispers Jasper"
- "Crown Jewel of the Canadian National Park System"
- "The beautiful Jasper National Park in Alberta."
- "Jasper, Mother Nature's Masterpiece"
- "WELCOME TO JASPER NATIONAL PARK"
- "A dream come true."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jasper National Park
- Hotels in Jasper National Park
- Transportation in Jasper National Park
- Nightlife in Jasper National Park
- Restaurants in Jasper National Park
- Shopping in Jasper National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Jasper National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jasper National Park
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Jasper National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jasper National Park
- Posted in Travel Tuscany Forum "Sandy family beach(es) in the..."
- Commented on one of windsorgirl's Jasper National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Sunwapta Falls about Sunwapta River & Falls in Jasper National Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sunwapta Falls"
- updated a Jasper National Park Travel Page "Jasper National Park"
Photos in Jasper National ParkSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corsica Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos
- Scotland Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Bali Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lake District National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Banff National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos