"Death Valley - don't forget your sunblock" Death Valley National Park by JanPeter74
Death Valley National Park Travel Guide: 900 reviews and 1,945 photos
I never expected to see so much different things while visiting Death Valley. So many highlights and little chance of getting a rainy day here.
The central point is the junction at Furnace Creek. Here you will find a visitor center as well as some hotels.
Some highlights are:
Devil's Golf course
Artist's Drive / Artist's Pallette
Stovepipe Wells sanddunes
Bring lots of water and make sure you have plenty of gas. You wont find any supermarkets over here. Especially the southern part, beyond Badwater is very deserted. I must say, this southern part is quite spectacular. No specific highlights, except for salt planes. But this was the area where I finally had the idea of really driving in the desert.
- Pros:Unexpected beauty
- Cons:Expected heat
You will have to walk at least 20 minutes or so to be able to shoot a picture like this. Only my own footprints in the... more travel advice
Zabriskie Point is a viewpoint that is rather close to Furnace Creek. Absolutely worth a stop. Especially because... more travel advice
JanPeter74's Related Pages
Death Valley National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Death Valley National Park Page"
- "Death Valley ? No, a valley of flowers !"
- "~ Blooming with life!~"
- "Into the Valley of Death..."
- "Death Valley - Land of Beauty and Contrasts"
- "Death Valley"
- "Multiple Colors in the "Death" Desert"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Death Valley National Park
- Hotels in Death Valley National Park
- Transportation in Death Valley National Park
- Nightlife in Death Valley National Park
- Restaurants in Death Valley National Park
- Shopping in Death Valley National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Death Valley National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Death Valley National Park
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Death Valley National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Death Valley National Park
- Posted in Travel Tuscany Forum "Sandy family beach(es) in the..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sand dunes at Stovepipe Wells (2)"
- updated a Death Valley National Park Travel Page "Death Valley - don't forget your sunblock"
- Wrote a Review Sand dunes at Stovepipe Wells (2) about Stovepipe Wells in Death Valley National Park Things to Do
Photos in Death Valley National ParkSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corsica Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos
- Scotland Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Bali Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lake District National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Banff National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (10)
Latest Death Valley National Park hotel reviews
- Stovepipe Wells Village
- 422 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- Furnace Creek Inn and Ranch Resort
- 1548 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 19, 2013
- Furnace Creek Campground
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 28, 2013
- Sunset Campground
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 8, 2012
- Mesquite Springs Campground
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2013