"A page on Page - What's that?" Page by JanPeter74
Page Travel Guide: 248 reviews and 692 photos
Page is a modest tourist village/town at the banks of Lake Powell. Lake Powell is sometimes referred to as the Grand Canyon filled with water. And I must admit the views over the lake, with large rockformations along the shores as well as in the lake, make this a very nice spot.
From Page, you can book day or half day boattrips on the lake, of which many take you to one of the highlights of this area: Rainbow Bridge; the largest natural bridge in the world, which lies at the far end of the lake, and can almost solely be reached over the water. Although the boat trips are rather expensive, this must be very nice.
BUT, we had other plans.....
(I would say both better and cheaper)
Instead we visited in the afternoon two other magical places:
ABSOLUTELY NOT TO BE MISSED!!! It's near Page and was one of the highlights of our entire holiday. It is a Slot Canyon, very narrow and formed by wind. There are more Slot Canyons in this area, but this one is the most famous of them all.
This is said to be one of the most beautiful views of the Colorado river. Only a few miles drive from Page. The name says it all. In this spot the Colorado river, flowing deep below you between straight rock walls, makes a 180 degree turn.
- In a nutshell:Really plan ahead when you have limited time here.
The Horseshoe Bend close to Page (Lake Powell) is said to be one of the most beautiful views of the Colorado river. In... more travel advice
There are two ways to visit Antelope Canyon. One is to book a airconditioned Jeep trip with some 30 fellow-tourists,... more travel advice
JanPeter74's Related Pages
Page Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Page Az...where cowboys & Indians play the day."
- "Newest Town in the US"
- "Welcome to my Page-page"
- "Page...A Beautiful Venue"
- "A page on Page - What's that?"
- "Vere Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Page
- Hotels in Page
- Transportation in Page
- Nightlife in Page
- Restaurants in Page
- Shopping in Page
- Warnings and Dangers in Page
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Page
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Page?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Page
Photos in PageSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corsica Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos
- Scotland Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Bali Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lake District National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Banff National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos