"A page on Page - What's that?" Page by JanPeter74

Page Travel Guide: 248 reviews and 692 photos

Lake Powell and surroundings

Page is a modest tourist village/town at the banks of Lake Powell. Lake Powell is sometimes referred to as the Grand Canyon filled with water. And I must admit the views over the lake, with large rockformations along the shores as well as in the lake, make this a very nice spot.

From Page, you can book day or half day boattrips on the lake, of which many take you to one of the highlights of this area: Rainbow Bridge; the largest natural bridge in the world, which lies at the far end of the lake, and can almost solely be reached over the water. Although the boat trips are rather expensive, this must be very nice.

BUT, we had other plans.....
(I would say both better and cheaper)
Instead we visited in the afternoon two other magical places:

Antelope Canyon

ABSOLUTELY NOT TO BE MISSED!!! It's near Page and was one of the highlights of our entire holiday. It is a Slot Canyon, very narrow and formed by wind. There are more Slot Canyons in this area, but this one is the most famous of them all.

Horseshoe Bend

This is said to be one of the most beautiful views of the Colorado river. Only a few miles drive from Page. The name says it all. In this spot the Colorado river, flowing deep below you between straight rock walls, makes a 180 degree turn.

• In a nutshell:Really plan ahead when you have limited time here.
  • Last visit to Page: Sep 2001
  • Intro Updated Mar 16, 2004

• mikehanneman's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2006 at 8:02 AM

You don't go 10 to 15 miles SW of Page to Horseshoe Bend. Have you really been there?

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2006 at 7:40 AM

Spectacular photos! Excellent tips, as well.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2006 at 12:14 AM

What an incredible looking place! Your tips are excellent.

• Sn0wFlake's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2005 at 11:46 AM

The lower Antelope Canyon was really marvellous as well as the Horseshoe Bend... Which lense u had to shoot Horseshoe Bend? Very nice work!

• worldtrekker's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2005 at 3:01 AM

You have some good info here. Nice shot of Horseshoe Bend - you obviously had a wide angle with you! ;-) This is definately a worthwhile area to explore!

• martin_nl's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2004 at 6:46 AM

Dit ziet er echt geweldig uit!! Als ik een keer naar de US ga zal ik dit niet willen missen!!

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2004 at 2:33 PM

Am I glad I came across your Page page today! I'll be leaving for a 2 week holiday in Arizona and Utah soon and can't believe I didn't know about these places...thanks a million!!

• catalysta's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2004 at 9:35 AM

Love the Page page, Jan, Antelope Canyon is beautiful. If you ever get back to that area, be sure to visit Arches and hike through the Fins, eerie & spectacular wind formations...cat

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2004 at 4:46 AM

Fantastic page!I was enchanted by Arizona's nature,it's unique and spectacular! It was the only thing I actually liked during my stay in the US-the nature of Arizona! Spectacular!You have some great photos!And I envy you SO for the pic with a dolphin!

• Skipka's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2004 at 4:33 AM

I am speechless and envy u :) such a great masterpieces that was created by nature. I am sure I would choose Navajo guide even if it should be more expensive :)

JanPeter74

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy planning just another trip!”

Badges & Stats in Page