"British Columbia" Province of British Columbia by JanPeter74
Province of British Columbia Travel Guide: 8,694 reviews and 19,717 photos
British Columbia (BC) lies on the Canadian westcoast and is home to an enormous amount of spectacular nature, as well as some very nice cities. We visited the southern part of British Columbia, together with the greater part of tourists. The largest city is Vancouver, a very nice, modern and relaxed metropolis situated at the coast. Check my Vancouver page for more details on this great city. Although Vancouver will be hosting the 2010 Olympic wintergames, the climate in summer is very nice here. We had 25 degrees C and lots of sunshine.
Just off the coast of Vancouver lies Vancouver Island a long stretched Island with at its southern tip Victoria, a nice Victorian city which is also the capital of British Columbia. However, Victoria is much smaller than Vancouver. Both Vancouver Island and Victoria are discussed on separate pages. In the east of British Columbia lie the Rocky Mountains, which form the border between BC and Alberta. Here you find some of the most famous national parks of Canada, Banff and Jasper in Alberta and the smaller parks Yoho and Kootenay in BC.
Also in BC lies Mount Robson Provincial Park (just west of Jasper National Park).
Other interesting areas are Wells Gray Provincial Park and the Okanagan area which lies in the central south of BC and is home to many wineries.
A final thing that is worth mentioning is the landscape along the Sea to Sky Highway, which is a part of the Highway 99 between Vancouver and the Rocky Mountains which shows great views of coast, mountains, lakes, etc. Really worth driving.
To me the hike to Kinney Lake really meets the standard image that many people have of Canadian nature (a combination of... more travel advice
Mount Robson Provincial Park (just west of Jasper National Park) is a beautiful area around Mount Robson. So make sure... more travel advice
JanPeter74's Related Pages
Province of British Columbia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OUR TOUR OF BRITISH COLUMBIA BY HIRE CAR"
- "BRITISH COLUMBIA*****WOW"
- "Beautiful British Columbia!"
- "Due West"
- "CANADIAN BEAUTY"
- "British Columbia"
- "From the ocean to the mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of British Columbia
- Hotels in Province of British Columbia
- Transportation in Province of British Columbia
- Nightlife in Province of British Columbia
- Restaurants in Province of British Columbia
- Shopping in Province of British Columbia
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of British Columbia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Province of British Columbia
- 25 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Province of British Columbia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of British Columbia
Photos in Province of British ColumbiaSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corsica Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos
- Scotland Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Bali Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lake District National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Banff National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (10)
Top Province of British Columbia hotels
- Vancouver Hotels
- 3957 Reviews - 8266 Photos
- Victoria Hotels
- 1618 Reviews - 3346 Photos
- Whistler Hotels
- 283 Reviews - 632 Photos
- Kelowna Hotels
- 88 Reviews - 194 Photos
- Tofino Hotels
- 171 Reviews - 381 Photos
- Kalamalka Lake Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Penticton Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 37 Photos
- Prince George Hotels
- 22 Reviews - 60 Photos
- Osoyoos Hotels
- 35 Reviews - 64 Photos
- Fairmont Hot Springs Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 35 Photos
- Vancouver Island Hotels
- 228 Reviews - 687 Photos
- Revelstoke Hotels
- 40 Reviews - 81 Photos
- Vernon Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 2 Photos
- Port Coquitlam Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 17 Photos
- Cranbrook Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 18 Photos