"Washington State" Washington State by JanPeter74
Washington State Travel Guide: 7,560 reviews and 20,475 photos
Most people who know just a bit about Washington State (in the northwest corner of the USA) are just familiar with the major highlights that can be found in the west of this so-called Evergreen State; Seattle, Mount Rainier, Mount St. Helens and Olympia National Park.
On our trip from the Canadian border to Yellowstone in Wyoming, we only passed the northern part of this state. However, this area also has some real gems, worth visiting. First of all, several areas here really resemble the standard postcard picture of Canada as well.
North Cascades National Park is an area with forests, rivers, lakes and mountains that could easily be mistaken for a part of the Canadian Rockies. Really great. The park consists of a North Unit and a South Unit, which are separated by State Route 20 (North Cascades Scenic Highway; partially closed from approximately mid-November to mid-April.) Especially the area around Diablo Lake is very nice.
Southeast of North Cascades NP, you will pass Winthrop. This place is really a textbook example of a wildwest town. Although it is a bit touristy, it still feels like the atmosphere is real and not created just for tourists. Ideal for a stop along the way.
Finally the northeastern part of Washington, towards the state border with Idaho) is less green. Here you can find both hot rocky landscape as well as areas with endless cornfields. Watch the funny small twisters that sometime appear in the fields.
JanPeter74's Related Pages
Washington State Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Washington, the Northwestern Corner of the US"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "Washington State: Terrainius Maximus"
- "WASHINGTON STATE"
- "High Desert and Heavy Rain: depends on where"
- "marko727's new Washington Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Washington State
- Hotels in Washington State
- Transportation in Washington State
- Nightlife in Washington State
- Restaurants in Washington State
- Shopping in Washington State
- Warnings and Dangers in Washington State
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Washington State
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Washington State?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Washington State
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corsica Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos
- Scotland Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Bali Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lake District National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Banff National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (10)
Top Washington State hotels
- Seattle Hotels
- 3134 Reviews - 7623 Photos
- Spokane Hotels
- 147 Reviews - 229 Photos
- Leavenworth Hotels
- 135 Reviews - 360 Photos
- Ocean Shores Hotels
- 30 Reviews - 84 Photos
- Bellevue Hotels
- 30 Reviews - 60 Photos
- Kennewick Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 6 Photos
- Anacortes Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 105 Photos
- Federal Way Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 30 Photos
- Issaquah Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 24 Photos
- Tacoma Hotels
- 178 Reviews - 602 Photos
- Bremerton Hotels
- 52 Reviews - 150 Photos
- Olympic National Park Hotels
- 296 Reviews - 763 Photos
- Port Orchard Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 66 Photos
- Centralia Hotels
- 27 Reviews - 73 Photos
- Friday Harbor Hotels
- 119 Reviews - 225 Photos